Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any thoughts on this combination?

Background info: Banquet/awards ceremony; invitation states "business attire".

· Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The do itself is being given by an arts-oriented but rather stuffy foundation ... I think this combination will strike the right balance.

I wonder how it would work for other, less strictly-defined situations.

I'm my own boss, so even though I'm an AAAC member & will be at the event, it'll be OK ... no wait, what if I see myself in a mirror ... :icon_smile_big:

· Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
non-functional tassles seems to me to be an affectation.

It seems to me that they are way too casual for an awards banquet
They're not - in many cases at least - exactly non-functional. I haven't looked at this pair for a while, but the tassels are theoretically the ends of a leather lace that encircles the top of the shoe (where it surrounds the ankle, there's probably a word for that) and could (theoretically) be adjusted for fit. Sometimes the shoe really is made that way, other times the tassels are just stuck on the front.

I've always perceived, for what it's worth, tassel loafers as more formal than non-tassel, at least as in, tassel loafers: could be worn with a suit; penny loafers: not with a suit, noway nohow.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.