Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

· Registered
3,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That didn't take long.

· Registered
5,152 Posts
Agreed, GW is a lame duck president ( And Cheney didn't do it.)
The russian short range missiles can be launched from portable truck pulled launchers ( don't you guys notice ANYTHING besides BOND's clothing and The babes?) and repositioned with ease.
We should be asking about this missile defense system that was the fond dream of Ronnie. It has never worked, never will work, except to put more money in defense contractor's pockets.
I suppose it is a kind of weapon, putting undo fear into others over non existent weapons.
Worked for Sadaam, now didn't it?

· Registered
1,193 Posts
Agreed, GW is a lame duck president ( And Cheney didn't do it.)
The russian short range missiles can be launched from portable truck pulled launchers ( don't you guys notice ANYTHING besides BOND's clothing and The babes?) and repositioned with ease.
We should be asking about this missile defense system that was the fond dream of Ronnie. It has never worked, never will work, except to put more money in defense contractor's pockets.
I suppose it is a kind of weapon, putting undo fear into others over non existent weapons.
Worked for Sadaam, now didn't it?
As I said... no worries. Obama will simply ask them not to park the launchers there. Case closed.

Oh, and pass the word through your contacts on to the Ruskies that, no worries, the Ronnie's system doesn't work. Again, problem solved!

· Registered
861 Posts
That didn't take long.
That's just the beginning. Putting Obama in the White House is the global strategic equivalent of dropping Woody Allen in to the general population of Folsom Prison.

Biden's scenario assumed that there would be _one_ test; as if the entire world would get together and decide that there should be "a test" and send forth its champion to sniff Obama out. But my guess is that there will be a spontaneous handfull of "tests" -- China/Taiwan, North/South Korea, Lebanon, Russian tests in Europe and South America/Carribean, etc. In every case, Obama has given the potential aggressor the expectation that he will give them a pass. So, it will be a nightmare scenario as Obama's supporters around the world call in their markers.

Now, the scary thing was "part B" of Biden's prediction -- that we won't like or understand Obama's reaction. Well, I guess it's too late. The People have spoken.

· Registered
1,876 Posts
Nothing worries me more than Obama sitting down at a table with Medvedev and Putin. I can just picture him talking about hope, change, and optimism, and about how we can all work together to make things change for the better.

· Registered
2,603 Posts
Nothing worries me more than Obama sitting down at a table with Medvedev and Putin. I can just picture him talking about hope, change, and optimism, and about how we can all work together to make things change for the better.
He might, but Putin isn't above poisoning people.

· Registered
1,193 Posts
No problem. This is exactly why he brought Ole Joe Biden on board.

"Chuck, stand up, Chuck, let 'em see you. Oh, God love you, what am I talking about?"

It's going to be a hoot!

· Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
37,088 Posts
Aha, a contemporary missile crisis for the President-elect to deal with, somewhat reminiscent of the Cuban missile crisis...and yet, also reflective of today's global realities. Could this be another Kennedy-Obama comparison, in the making(!)? ;)

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.