Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Aficianado
1,481 Posts
Velvet slippers with quilted lining, otherwise known as Albert slippers. I broke down and bought a pair when I moved, and they are uber-comfortable! Plus you can use them if you ever host a black tie party in your home. On the budget minded side, a pair of unlined leather boat shoes work very nicely, with the added benefit of being able to wear them outside. For warmth, however, shealing is quite nice.

Is it shearling? I go barefoot in them and tend to sweat and these polyester or whatever slippers aren't doing much for me.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sweet. However I'm finding that my idea to use slippers to pass the time before I find Kenmoors or the Bel Airs come into Miller's is becoming another challenge. Finding shearling slippers in Canada seems difficult...again.

·
Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
37,088 Posts
^^The summer months are when my oldest pair of Topsiders see the most use as a pair of house shoes! Indeed, my Uggs shearling Ascots are back in the closet, awaiting next winters snows and plunging temperatures.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Shearling is actually OK in the summer too, as it absorbs moisture and thus you do not feel overly hot. I have those AE mocs too, with double "canoe moc" type soft leather soles. They are good in the house, but also for a quick run to the store. I prefer leather slippers though in summer, such as Brooks Brothers "Peal and Co." opera slippers, which are house-branded but made for them by Church's.

Some interesting Canadian made shearling slippers can be found from Egli Farm. Google them.

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Velvet Alberts are fantastic but a bit too precious for knocking about in and making wet weather trips out to the letter box. I have some all-leather Glastonbury grecians which, in spite of being all leather, are still warm in the winter but breathe beautifully in the summer. The less constructed heel makes for a better 'sloppy slipper' than the Albert.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Shearling is actually OK in the summer too, as it absorbs moisture and thus you do not feel overly hot. I have those AE mocs too, with double "canoe moc" type soft leather soles. They are good in the house, but also for a quick run to the store. I prefer leather slippers though in summer, such as Brooks Brothers "Peal and Co." opera slippers, which are house-branded but made for them by Church's.

Some interesting Canadian made shearling slippers can be found from Egli Farm. Google them.
How are those opera slippers working out for you? Mine have the Church's logo on them and are working out just fine :icon_smile:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.