Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have become quite fond of the AE Sheltons and was wondering if the AAAC members had any tips on the best place to buy them.

"Retail is for suckers" is a phrase that is common around these parts. I don't want to be a sucker - but need your assistance in deal hunting.

Any help would be appreciated!

·
Registered
256 Posts
I have become quite fond of the AE Sheltons and was wondering if the AAAC members had any tips on the best place to buy them.

"Retail is for suckers" is a phrase that is common around these parts. I don't want to be a sucker - but need your assistance in deal hunting.

Any help would be appreciated!
They are corrected grain of course BTW...

·
Registered
29 Posts
There is an Allen Edmonds ebay store, if you're not already aware.

Plus, the retail stores do run sales from time to time (there was a 15% off sale when I picked up my Sohos the other week). I'm not sure if they occur on a regular schedule of some sort, but I would assume that they do.

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
In Kansas City, I have always been able to find good deals on AEs during the the end-of-season sales at local clothier Jack Henry. Most pairs are around $200.

·
Registered
167 Posts
You might also check Joseph A. Bank. I think with their corporate discount card you get 20% off AE all the time. In addition, if you catch them during one of their sales (is that even possible at Jos. A. Bank?!?), you may be able to get even more. I just purchased a pair of AE Ashtons and got 25% off, and the manager even took off the shipping charges. I would have bought a pair of AE Sheltons as well, but my J&M Owens, which have served me very well for many years, are getting refurbished.

Best of luck!

Chad

·
Registered
160 Posts
I bought a pair of Park Avenues for $220 during Shoebuy.com's 30% off offer and I recall a Nordstrom sale over the summer that greatly reduced the price of many styles. The Shoe Bank is also a solid bet, $144 all-in for the Dryden and Byron is a great deal and substantial discounts on factory second Park Avenues.

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
You might also check Joseph A. Bank. I think with their corporate discount card you get 20% off AE all the time. In addition, if you catch them during one of their sales (is that even possible at Jos. A. Bank?!?), you may be able to get even more. I just purchased a pair of AE Ashtons and got 25% off, and the manager even took off the shipping charges. I would have bought a pair of AE Sheltons as well, but my J&M Owens, which have served me very well for many years, are getting refurbished.

Best of luck!

Chad
Shoes at JAB rarely go on sale. Most sales apply to suits and sportcoats.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.