Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
1,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While I know these shirts don't compare with MTM or custom made shirts--or for that matter the better of the rack brands--not everyone can afford more top of the line shirtings. Or perhaps they are at an in-between gaining or losing weight regime and don't want to invest in what will soon become obsolete. I'm curious as to which of the three more inexpensive shirtings are preferred by members of the forum (for those who would wear them to begin with): Jos A Bank, Paul Fredrick or Lands' End. Any comments on the brands would be helpful as well.

· Registered
3 Posts
I'm new here and learning about all this but I will say I usually wear the Land's End pinpoint oxfords and I think they look pretty sharp. I get comments from co-workers as well. So for me they work, I am curious what others with more experience think.

· Registered
10 Posts
The JAB executive shirts have something like 22+ inch shoulders on their 16/33 shirts. They are massively too wide for me, and I'd put myself more in the normal than freak category of builds. I recently received an ad for a new tailored fit line which might interest a few people.

· Registered
75 Posts
Of the brands mentioned, I only own a couple of Paul Fredricks in 100 two-ply. I like the feel of the fabric and for me, the fit is good (6'6" and 275 lbs).

I think they are worth the (sale) price. :icon_smile_big:

· Registered
164 Posts
While I know these shirts don't compare with MTM or custom made shirts--or for that matter the better of the rack brands--not everyone can afford more top of the line shirtings. Or perhaps they are at an in-between gaining or losing weight regime and don't want to invest in what will soon become obsolete. I'm curious as to which of the three more inexpensive shirtings are preferred by members of the forum (for those who would wear them to begin with): Jos A Bank, Paul Fredrick or Lands' End. Any comments on the brands would be helpful as well.
Have not tried Paul Fredrick. I prefer JAB (@ 50% off) over LE.

· Registered
55 Posts
I like the JAB traveler shirts. The normal fit are cut very generously, and I find the tailored fit me much better. I still iron mine, but they do hold up all day without getting wrinkled, and I can pack them tightly in a suitcase without too much damage.

The traveler tailored line is fairly limited in patterns, and these shirts rarely seem to go much on sale beyond their ~$65/shirt price. I did get an email today (one of the continuous JAB sales) that has the traveler shirts marked down to ~$50.

I have also tried some of the JAB pinpoint shirts (the cheaper line), and they are such low quality to be not worth buying. I couldn't even get them looking pressed while they were laying on the ironing board!

· Registered
2,219 Posts
Paul Fredrick defintely has more variety ....

than the other two. A variety of collars (spread, point, button down,and tab), cuffs (French, button), tailoring (fitted, classic), material (85s thru 140s), weaves (end-on-end, herring bone, oxford cloth, pin point) make Paul Fredrick the most vesatile.And I have probably left out a few choices in the preceding list. Also, their checks, strpes, and plains offer additional selections. I imagine they make non-iron, but since I don't wear
non-iron shirts I never pay any attention to them. They are competitively priced and are highly desirable over department store brands.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.