Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the concensus on the best quality/value in wool gabardine slacks? I'd like to get 3 or 4 pair over the next few months. I notice that Lands End has them for less than $100 per pair, and I've never been disappointed with LE quality, although I know it's all offshore stuff.

I'm not hard to fit, and will buy OTR with hemming/cuffs by my local tailor.

Thanks

· Registered
83 Posts
I love the LE gabs personally, just love them (beautiful drape and they happen to fit me nearly perfectly with minimal alterations). The price is good but not a steal (especially relative to the BB deal mentioned above), and they're unlined, which is my only major gripe.

· Registered
5,852 Posts
What is gaberdine and how does it compare to tropical wool trousers? I ask this because I noticed that BB carries both and tropical wools seems to be the most expensive.
Gabardine is a hard-finished, fine twill (weave with raised diagonal ribs), whereas tropical worsted is a square weave, which makes it slightly cooler--all other things being equal--because it lets air pass more easily.

Gabardine is usually a bit pricier than t.w., but these days anything is possible sale-wise as merchants are pulling out all the stops to move goods during a downturn.

· Registered
66 Posts
I've recently become a huge fan of gabardine trousers. They hang well, breathe well, and are comfortable for a long day at the office. Where I work most men wear Dockers so a pair of MTM gabardine trousers make me stand out without being flashy or over-dressed.

· Registered
1,458 Posts
I once owned three pairs of Gabadine trousers - loved them literally to bits! Very hard wearing. Nowadays I cannot find anyone in UK ( OK not trawled every single shop in the land!) who sells them.:(

As an aside - I've disappointed in LE trousers in the last few years - my old pairs are still great but their chinos now are horrible and their needle cords aren't what they once were - not seen LE Gabardine in UK catalogue or on UK website:(

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.