Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Forget the guys playing Bond. I nominate Don Adams playing Maxwell Smart. The goofy dialogue obscures that he was always well dressed, usually impeccably so.

Besides, I am still in love with Agent 99 :thumbs-up:

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Kim Philby :p

·
Registered
266 Posts
Russel Crowe as John Nash
Nice try, lol. I also like some of Crowe's clothes as Nash in A Beautiful Mind (weren't they Trad?). However, (I know I'm splitting hairs here, lol) Nash was not a secret agent, he just hallucinated that he was working for the U.S. government as part of a top secret project against the Soviets. I also don't think he was at the level of secret agent in these hallucinations (I could be wrong). Also, I think Ed Harris' (imaginary) character (whose name escapes me at this time) was much more of a secret agent in that film than Nash.

·
Connoisseur
5,988 Posts
While not a member of the CIA, a friend of mine (FBI) was head of a multi-agency anti-terror task force after 9-11 and did undercover work in that capacity. I will admit though that even when dressed in his finest he would not qualify as a clothes horse with most of his suits being off the rack Macy's or JC Penney. The real guys just don't seem to dress as nice as the TV and movie guys.

He is much happier now that he has retired from the international terror watch and taken up residence as head of security for a well known celebrity.

Cruiser

·
Registered
266 Posts
While not a member of the CIA, a friend of mine (FBI) was head of a multi-agency anti-terror task force after 9-11 and did undercover work in that capacity. I will admit though that even when dressed in his finest he would not qualify as a clothes horse with most of his suits being off the rack Macy's or JC Penney. The real guys just don't seem to dress as nice as the TV and movie guys.

He is much happier now that he has retired from the international terror watch and taken up residence as head of security for a well known celebrity.

Cruiser
Are you not allowed to say which celebrity?

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Isn't "well known celebrity" redundant.

·
Registered
267 Posts

Cruiser
I can second that. I went to a wedding where the bride's family and friends lived and worked in Langley, Virginia. I was warned before I got there not to ask anyone what they did for a living. The Langley guests weren't dressed all that great.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.