Registered
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's a huge photo.

Is he actually Finnish? He doesn't look Finnish, as least by his dress. I have noticed that Finns are the best dressed of the Nordic countries.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I'm still learning so I hope my questions are not too naive.

A coat should not bunch up in the back. But our coats are not made of cardboard or kevlar or steel. So, when is it acceptable to bunch up? Stubb's bunches up when he is sitting, while Sarko's while he is pointing.

Also, Sarko is showing a great deal of tie space. My monitor sucks, so I cannot see very well. Is his top button undone and he is only in a relax mode?

Can't say I am too wide about the all-dark ensemble of Sarko in the second pic.

·
Registered
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Also, Sarko is showing a great deal of tie space. My monitor sucks, so I cannot see very well. Is his top button undone and he is only in a relax mode?.
I get the tie space a lot too for some reason. I can't figure it out.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I think we can do better than what we have seen to date. Much, much better:

Those were the Good Ole Days!

For the life of me I cannot find pix of Biddle outside of Dressing the Man! Google Images is yielding weird results? I doubt it's bc I have the safe search on:icon_smile_wink: I would really like to see more of this politician/socialite/dandy to understand how he could achieve so much with so little.

·
Registered
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I think we can do better than what we have seen to date. Much, much better:

Anthony Eden, eh? He was considered very attractive and handsome by the ladies of his day, but frankly, I don't think he would be considered eye candy in today's world.

·
Registered
3,969 Posts
Anthony Eden, eh? He was considered very attractive and handsome by the ladies of his day, but frankly, I don't think he would be considered eye candy in today's world.
It is true most women seem to don't even want to see guys dressed well anymore, but custom made that fits well - who can't notice? Even jeans that are well cut and are custom fitted stand out as superior. Those that wear these artisty clothes can't hide.

There came a time when I thought Bryd was one of the better dressed politicans.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.