Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, what do you think is better Kiton or Charvet for dress shirts? Please mention any other brand that you think is the best. Thanks :icon_smile_big:

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Charvet arguably makes the greatest shirt in the world. The problem for me is I don't have an "average" build so I am pretty worn out buying OTR shirts. To the best of my knowledge you have to go to Paris to get Charvet in bespoke and when you are spending that kind of money for a shirt at least I want them to fit well. I don't know too much about Kiton shirts - other than you are probably doing alterations on sleeve length on all of them. You are going to get great fabrics and outstanding construction on any of these high end shirts - so what really will make a difference is how the shirt fits.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Rodrigo,
You are starting to strike me as a brand whore.

I've never seen, touched or worn a Kiton shirt. Charvet on the other hand is sublime.

But so are any other number of shirt makers.

Shirts are disposable, their useful life is much to short to buy on brand alone. Furthermore, a good fitting shirt with the proper collar for your face shape in a nice color or pattern is much more flattering than any name behind your neck.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Well, these are different animals. Kiton has tons of handwork, some of it just for the sake of being handwork. And some say the handwork of Kiton makes them look a bit sloppy (e.g., where the sleeve and shoulder meet there is always puckering). I love it, and not for any rational reason (indeed, there is no rational reason to spend that much for an OTR shirt!). Charvet, from what I've seen, is an exceptionally well done machine-made shirt. Perfect, neat stitching. Very clean look.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.