Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
This isn't really the best board to ask "what's in" in the way of clothing. Also, what is "best" is heavily dependent on your skin/hair color, build, office environment, etc. That being said, my vote for "least likely to offend" shirt/trouser/tie combo would be a light blue dress shirt with point collar and barrel cuffs, medium gray wool slacks, and a darker red/burgundy tie with a small-scale pattern on it. That should be acceptable in the vast majority of office situations unless it's an office where suits are regularly worn or a more "creative" environment (in which case you could probably omit the tie and switch the shirt to French cuffs with tastefully subdued cufflinks and still be good).

·
Registered
298 Posts
Hey, I'm a marketing associate, I wanted to know the best office wear combination for shirts and trousers, tie and what' currently inn
Thanks
Welcome to AAAC. We here tend to think that when it comes to business wear, what's currently "in" is what's always been "in." Classics never go out of style. Well-tailored suits in navy or greys, quality shoes with leather soles, ties that don't have cartoon characters on them, etc.

Check out the home page here, there's a ton of information on style, pattern, color coordination, etc. The forum's SEARCH function is also very useful.

·
Registered
6,780 Posts
Hey, I'm a marketing associate, I wanted to know the best office wear combination for shirts and trousers, tie and what' currently inn
Thanks
To my knowledge, both Ramada and Holliday remain "nn." Currently out, evidently, are basic English grammar, spelling, and punctuation.

Seriously, though, as others have said, what's "in" isn't relevant. Wear classic clothes chosen to suit your environment, personality, and complexion/coloring.

·
Connoisseur
5,988 Posts
Being semi-retired I seldom wear suits these days; however, when I do need a coat and tie I invariably go with a light blue shirt, medium grey pants, and a navy blazer with just about any tie one cares to select that is a complimentary color. It never fails to look good.

Cruiser

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yea that's true
thanks

Welcome to AAAC. We here tend to think that when it comes to business wear, what's currently "in" is what's always been "in." Classics never go out of style. Well-tailored suits in navy or greys, quality shoes with leather soles, ties that don't have cartoon characters on them, etc.

Check out the home page here, there's a ton of information on style, pattern, color coordination, etc. The forum's SEARCH function is also very useful.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.