Men's Clothing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Best and worst team uniforms.

The most recognizable uniform in team sports in the world is the pinstripes of the New York Yankee . There is no team in the world with the tradition and history of the New York Yankees.
Professional basketball is relatively new , so there is no professional basketball uniform that has stood the test of time , maybe the Boston Celtics green.
Professional football's popularity is also recent , it's popularity dating back as early as 1960 due in part to television.
The Chicago Bears are maybe the New York Giants has the the recognisable uniforms in Professional football. many professional football uniforms has changed over the years , example the Cleveland Browns and the Washington Redskins.
In college football Notre Dame with it's history dating back to the 30's would be my choice as the most famous college football uniform.

The worst uniform would be pants worn by present day baseball players without revealing socks .
After all there is the White Sox and the Red Sox but one wouldn't know that today because soxs are covered , I might add stirrups looks much neater than pants pulled down
to the shoes.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Best and worst team uniforms

Baseball is now played on all continents except Africa. Japan and South Korea both have players in the major leagues as does other Asian countries., Australasians as well as Europeans are well aware of baseball.
The New York Yankees has just signed an agreement to sponsor baseball in China with the Chinese government. There are a few fairly good Chinese baseball players.
While soccer or football is very popular all over the world. Because the United States is the world's most powerful and riches nation, as America goes so does the rest of the world.

New York is the financial capital of the world , the New York Yankees pinstripes is an example of overwhelming success having won more championship than any other professional team. New York is also the media capital of the world , One of the three fashion capitals of the world. Yankee pinstripes is as well know as a Gucci purse or a Mercedes motor car.

Take a look at the 2007 Yankees , Matsui is Japanese , Wang South Korean. The Yankees has players from all over Latin America , including American Blacks their coach is Italian American. What other team in Professional sports has Asians , Blacks , Latin Americans and Whites who's ancestors are from all over Europe ?

Baseball's origin is European. Football to but not basketball. We may not know who won the world Cup , but the world's largest media will let the entire world know when the Yankees wins the World Series !

·
Registered
1,016 Posts

Those of us who enjoy music , example Broadway musicals, the pinstripes appeared on Broadway in the musical "Dam Yankee " Many Broadway patrons may not have been aware of baseball but enjoyed the musical from which several popular hit songs came from " You gotta have heart" and What ever Lola Wants". The Broadway musical was later made into
a motion picture.

Wall street is the financial capital of the world , the New York Times one of the worlds leading newspapers. When America catches a cold the rest of the world catches pneumonia. The Yankees pinstripes is the most copied uniform style in major league baseball.
The Yankees drew 4,000,000 fans in 2007 , how many fans did the Dallas Cowboys , Washington Redskins and the Manchester United draw last year ?
I am only writing that the Yankees pinstripes are the most recognizable professional team uniform in the world.
The New york Yankees has won more world championships than any professional team in the world. Dallas only five in it's short history and the Washington Redskins five.
The New York Yankees has won 26 world championships.
Has any professional soccer team won 26 world championships ?

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
The St. Louis Cardinals draw 3.4 million fans. NY would have to draw 12 million to equal the drawing power of the Cardinals. If you have tried getting tickets for the Cardinals in the last few years, you know demand far outweighs the supply.
The Yankees sold all their seats . There was no possibility of the Yankees selling 12,000,000
tickets. THE Yankees are the number one draw when playing outside of Yankee stadium , not the St.Louis Cardinals.
How many World Championships has teh St.Louis Cardinals won ? The Yankees has won more

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
The Redskins have only won 3 championships...Superbowls XVII, XXII, XXVI...

but championships don't really mean jack...the A's have won 9 world series, the Red Sox have only won 6...there's no way that you could argue that the A's are more recognizable than the Red Sox...championships, don't necessarily equal recognition...
The Red Skins has won five world championships , three Super bowls. There was NFL championships before the super bowl.
A team becomes more recognized when it wins. Especially with the media today which can reach all across the world. The Red Sox's popularity was enhanced because of it's rivalry with the New York Yankees.

The Yankees has a tradition in America that no other sports team has. That winning tradition goes back to the 30's. In hockey the Montreal Canadians comes close , in football the Chicago Bears and Greenbay Packers, in basketball the Boston Celtics. Non of those teams has been able to sustain that winning tradition. Non of those teams are based in the media capital of the world !
it's Yankee pinstripes.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Err, there's only been one tournament that can accurately make the claim that it was the "World Championship" of baseball and Japan won it. The Yankees have won 26 World Series (yes, it has the word "World" in it, but named for a newspaper). That is a particularly irksome brag for people abroad, btw -- that a team that plays in only one country, which does not play internationally is the "World" Champion.

And is 4 million the tickets sold or attendance? When I go to Yankee stadium, it's about 2/3 full on a sell-out. But to state the obvious, baseball plays far more games than any sport too.
Any professional baseball player can if they choose play in major league baseball. noted the best Japanese baseball players are in the major leagues. Japanese professional baseball has become a minor league for American professional baseball.
The Yankees sell out all their home games . The Yankees draws more than any professional team when not at home. Maybe football , basketball and hockey should play more games.
I might add the best Latin American baseball players are playing professional baseball in the American major leagues.
The entire world is drawn toward America , the richest and most powerful country in the world's history. Yankee pinstripes is a symbol of that power !

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Sigh, LOTS of teams sell out their stadium for every home game. Does that prove that every one of those teams is a world-wide paragon of popularity? Do you think people in, say, Korea or Bulgaria know who the Tennessee Volunteers are?

Your argument is getting as repetitive and predictable as your car of choice. Or are you just trolling? Better question, why I am feeding this troll?
What teams sell out over sixty games a year ? The people in Bulgaria and Korea may not be aware of the Tennessee Volunteers , but there is a South Korean playing for the New York Yankees. World wide means those people interested in sports. Those people are aware of the New York Yankees.
My point is simply that the New York Yankee pinstripes are the most recognizable uniform in Professional sports , call it trolling or call it fact. Why ask me why you are responding ? don't you know ?
Repetition helps some people to learn.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Best and worst team in uniforms

My point is that the New York Yankees pinstripes is the most recognized uniform in professional sports. Of course there are other championships and other professional sports teams. There is a baseball world championship , but it is made up primarily of major league ball players. Hockey's World Championship is made up mostly by players of the NHL.
In the olympics the basketball championship players many play in the NBA.

Soccer is played all over the world and there is a world cup , But what professional soccer team is identified by a uniform that is recognized through out the world. There is European professional soccer championships , but Europe plays second fiddle to the United States in mostly everything since World War Two.

The NHL would most likely not exist without most of it's teams being in America., The Montreal Canadians is Hockey's greatest franchise and have the most recognized uniforms , the Boston Celtics has won more championship than any professional basketball team , but is the emerald green as popular as the Yankee pinstripes ? Title town in professional football is Green bay having won more world championships than any professional football team but is their Green and gold as renowned as the blue pinstripes of the Yankees ?

There is non professional teams in football and basketball , but most or not in New York and college football and basketball is not where the best football and basketball is played.
While Michigan , Southern Cal , Florida etc draws many fans , they are not in New York and
their uniforms are not as revered as Yankee pinstripes.

Finally I have traveled , The American eagle is respected all over the world. At one time Great Britain had that respect no more , the empire is a thing of the past. The New York Yankees represent American power , not the Celtics , Packers are any American sports team. It's those New York Yankee pinstripes , love them or hate them.
The St.Louis Cardinals has won four World championship in the last 50 years , most of their world championships was won before World War Two !

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
It's hard to take your posts seriously when you have such poor spelling and grammar.

Believe what you want, but Man U has far more fans and money than the Yankees ever will.
The issue is not me but The Best and worst dressed team.
Can you discuss the issue of sports dress. How can one take your post serious when it appears you are unable to discuss the subject , Best and worst team clothing.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
You leverage one rather dubious proposition -- that the biggest and most popular MUST be American because "Europe plays second fiddle to the United States in most everything..." -- to state that the Yankees must be the world's most popular since they're America's most popular, which is another dubious proposition.

Hate to tell you this, but America isn't the gold standard for everything in the world. If you really think the "American eagle is respected all over the world", I think you need to travel a bit more than you have. American "power" tends to be resented. All of that is rather beside the point, since vast tracts of the world follows European sports (soccer, rugby, cricket) far more than American sports even if they resent European power at times.

Really, try telling people in Australia that the Yankees are more popular in their part of the world than rugby. Ask people in India if they know who plays for the Yankees (when I was there, the only thing they knew about Michael Jordan was that he was in a movie with Bugs Bunny). Ask people in S. America if they know what navy pinstripes on white is or if they know who the Meringues or BlauGranita are; I assure you, I saw lots of those jerseys and not a single Yankee pinstripe.
Sir my statement was not that the New York Yankees was more popular than local professional sports uniforms , but that The New York Yankees pinstripes was the most recognizable uniform in the world.
As for American power , The United States GNP is greater than the European Union , Australia , and the third world combined. No one likes a superpower.
Over half of the players in professional baseball is from Latin America. The two top baseball super stars are Latin. Four of the Yankees starting eight has latin surnames. One is Asian.
Again I did not say that the Yankees pinstripes was more popular than local sports uniforms but that the Yankees pinstripes was the most recognizable professional sports uniform in the world.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Best dressed and worst team uniforms

I posted what my favorite sports team uniforms are. You are the one who posted all this nonsense about U.S. power, American eagles, Australasians [sic] and Yankee pinstripes being a symbol of American dominance. Not once in your ridiculous tirade did you mention that you felt the Yankees uniforms were the best looking.
Sir,
My opening post on the subject of " the Best dressed and worst team uniforms " was , The most recognizable uniform in team sports is the pinstripes of the New York Yankees.
I also in my first commentary on the subject wrote , the worst uniform would be pants worn by present baseball players without revealing socks.
Again sir it appears that you either did not read my first post or your interest is in attacking members of the forum and not writing about the subject.
I have taken the time to defend my post , I don't know who you are , but it appears either you have no interest in the subject or there is a need for you to attack others positions on an issue you more than likely no little about.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts

I think the Yankees baseball cap is one of the most recognized items from a sports uniform worldwide. However, I would lay money that most people outside the US have no clue that it's connected to a sports team -- they would know that it's from New York but they wouldn't know anything about the Yankees.

Take away the ballcap and I think the number of people outside the US who would recognize the pinstriped uniform is pretty small - and limited to a handful of latin american countries and japan.
You more than likely are correct , but what we are writing about here is primarily sports fans. I know very little about cricket , but while in London I watched a cricket match.
I have also watched the World Cup on TV , I know very little about soccer except that Brazil has won the most World Cups. My position was that the Yankees pinstripes was the most recognized uniform in the world , not that everyone in the world had seen Yankee pinstripes.
or that even every sports fan knew there was a Yankee baseball team.

With 24 hour sports on cable television and satellites it is very hard for a sports fan anywhere in the world to have not heard of the New York Yankees. But it is not impossible.
I gave many reasons why the Yankees pinstripes would have more than any other uniform
been seen in most parts of the world.
Like it or not the world has grown much smaller due to technology. Many America men has never heard of Kiton suits or Borrelli shirts. Most men dress average , but I would think most men enjoy playing , listening to or talking about sports. With the New York media being the largest in the world . If you watch cable or have a satellite and enjoy sports sooner or later there will be pictures of the New York Yankees dressed in pinstripes.
I think Yankee pinstripes are the best looking baseball uniforms. I wear a Yankee baseball cap when walking my dog. I wonder if my dog is a Yankee fan ?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.