Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
Go to Turnbull & Asser..... They do the best shirts!
But Loro Piana stands for quality!

I've heard nothing but good things from Kabbaz's bespoke customers. I've heard nothing but bad things from T&A's bespoke customers, bar one. Hmmm.

·
Registered
2,865 Posts
But Loro Piana stands for quality!

I've heard nothing but good things from Kabbaz's bespoke customers. I've heard nothing but bad things from T&A's bespoke customers, bar one. Hmmm.
I don't think Loro Piana does shirting material. Although I'm the rare fan of Zegna on here. :icon_smile:

While Kabbaz's shirts are better than sex with most people, the price point does make it exclusive for other reasons than just extremely good taste.

Does anyone know how much Flusser shirts cost? I just looked at their web site and the only prices mentioned were for socks, which seemed reasonable.

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
I understand Kabbaz is the best. I have two T&A bespoke seconds (ones that didn't fit right for the initial customer) from their sale and they're very nice shirts as for quality, but I'm not sure how much they will deviate from their classic style. I'm quite fond of their style, but if you want something different Kabbaz can do it for you. If you like button-down collars, I wouldn't trust T&A to make a good one. Kabbaz can do ANYTHING you want.

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
While Kabbaz's shirts are better than sex with most people, the price point does make it exclusive for other reasons than just extremely good taste.
This is true. OP asked for price. I think Kabbaz is around $900 per shirt, minimum order 8.

I understand Kabbaz is the best. I have two T&A bespoke seconds (ones that didn't fit right for the initial customer) from their sale and they're very nice shirts as for quality, but I'm not sure how much they will deviate from their classic style. I'm quite fond of their style, but if you want something different Kabbaz can do it for you. If you like button-down collars, I wouldn't trust T&A to make a good one. Kabbaz can do ANYTHING you want.
Who knows if Kabbaz is the best or if he can do anything? No one has tried every shirtmaker in existence. I simply said that I have only heard good things from his customers. However, I haven't heard of or from many Kabbaz customers. Who knows? It could be a case of the Emperor's New Clothes. But he certainly seems open to doing anything, and it's rare that no customer has anything bad (deserved or not) to say about a maker.

Probably every bespoke shirtmaker has seconds like those T&A you refer to -- shirts that were refused or simply never picked up. Let's remember that in addition to the quality of construction and materials a bespoke shirt needs to fit its intended customer. This sample size of two is too small to make a judgment from, but while I take your point about T&A's decent quality, I want to emphasize that fitting the customer is an important part of good bespoke. And surprisingly, because shirtmaking is not rocket science, there are shirtmakers who just can't manage it in some cases. No, not speaking from personal experience.

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
I have a T&A custom bespoke buttondown oxford that I got from ebay for like $10. Its great and while the fit is a little roomy, and someone else's initials are on the pocket, for $10 its worth having it only for use with a sweater or sweater vest over it. I guess I could take it to my tailor for him to remove the monogram and slim it down, but then its no longer a $10 shirt.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.