Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having made the early steps from "L" to 16/32-33 to 15.75/33 to pseudo MTM with Lands End and actual MTM with BB I think I now know enough about what I want in a shirt to go the full bespoke route. I can't handle the Kabbaz and Kelly end of bespoke but I am looking for something in the mid-range of cost. I am wiling to go $150 up to $300 at the high end for a few select shirts.

What I need is the ability to specify not just the collar style but its dimensions relative to my existing shirts and what is the best fit with an existing suit collar (both of which I would bring or wear). I want a complete pattern made as my shoulders arent exactly symmetrical so I dont want one seam in place and the other going long. I want to be able to DISCUSS shirt requirements and problems before going to the tape measure and getting whisked out the door.

I want to be able to specify cuff lengths, sleeve widths, plackets, vents, materials, etc. I would like to be able to order a shirt down to the buttons from someone highly reputable who will in term hopefully have them made in the US to shorten the turn around times.

With all that in mind can I get a few recommendations and maybe your experiences, I have been looking at CEGO and mytailor and I am not 100% sure I can get what I need but I could be wrong. I have to believe there are a number of tailors in the city that can sculpt a shirt specific to exactly me.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

·
Registered
449 Posts
Carl *Shirtmaven" at CEGO will give you exactly what you
want and he will spend as much time as you want talking
to you.

Paris Custom Shirts and
Geneva Custom Shirts
are well thought of here too

Mytailor takes measurements but the shirts are made in
Hong Kong

Arthur Gluck Shirts (although under a new owner) makes a
decent shirt.

I would strongly suggest going to see Carl at CEGO.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Please allow me to put another strong recommendation for CEGO. Carl is a pleasure to work with, and has made me the the finest shirts I have ever worn. I appreciate that he does all his work in NYC. Prices range from the very reasonable $100 or so all the way up, depending on fabric.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Please allow me to put another strong recommendation for CEGO. Carl is a pleasure to work with, and has made me the the finest shirts I have ever worn. I appreciate that he does all his work in NYC. Prices range from the very reasonable $100 or so all the way up, depending on fabric.
Carl is your answer in that price range. For an individual pattern but in house, it may be a bit on the high end of your range, but for a great fitting shirt that allows you to specify pretty much everything you just listed, there are a ton of awesome fabrics in the $150-$225 range (as well as some cheaper and more expensive if you so desire)

Some of his work is done in New Jersey, by the way.

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
My Guy Frank is great. His place in Brooklyn is Ercoles on 13th Ave or on Wednesday and Friday he is in his Manhattan shop Franco Giuseppe on E53rd St. I was able to get a super 200's for $250 because he had the fabric in stock. He's a good guy, great craftsman, and all work done here in NY. He has also just recently begun making select items for Dunhill...very cool.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.