Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the market for a bespoke Santa suit. I have been saving up for quite sometime. In the past all my other Santa suits have been OTR. I considered MTM but I decided to save one more season so I could get a true custom fit. Plus I would like to add the details only bespoke tailoring offers. Real fur trim, horn buttons, etc....

Any thoughts or suggestions on who I should use for this job, what materials I should use and why? I think I will also invest in a new pair of custom Santa boots from John Lobb. You should see the last they use for the elf shoes.

:icon_smile_wink:

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
But the real question is.......
How wrinkly are they?

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
Does anyone know where Santa has his suits made? They look to be a particularly heavy wool. You wouldn't want anything lighter than 120's going up and down chimneys for sure. I'll bet he uses red LP Storm System in a custom weight. Nothing else would answer in that cold sleigh. I believe the boots are Ryders in black shell.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I've been known to tickle the fancy of many cougars....and you think I'm joking... :cool:
This thread has officially gone from the North Pole to the South Pole.
:icon_smile_big:

·
Registered
419 Posts
Although still under contract for promotional appearances, Santa is no longer involved in the day-to-day running of the business, which is now owned by International Happiness & Prosperity Enterprises of Guangzhou, China. Shortly after the business relocated the elves were purged as an "anti-progressive element", so elf-made Santa costumes are unfortunately no longer an option.

On the bright side, higher-end men's stores should have a new line of Santawear available in Fall '09, as IH&P has agreed to an exclusive design/licensing deal with Thom Browne.

·
Registered
2,865 Posts
I'm in the market for a bespoke Santa suit. I have been saving up for quite sometime. In the past all my other Santa suits have been OTR. I considered MTM but I decided to save one more season so I could get a true custom fit. Plus I would like to add the details only bespoke tailoring offers. Real fur trim, horn buttons, etc....
Is it safe to assume that you have a figure that doesn't require any augmentation to look Santa-like? I wouldn't see the point of a bespoke suit that requires the insertion of a bowlful of jelly, to quote Mr. Moore.

This sounds like the sort of thing that Neiman-Marcus in Dallas would be able to assist with. They would probably enjoy the challenge of finding the right materials, a manufacturer, and offering it in their Christmas catalogue.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.