Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so I'm somewhat of a technophile and I love getting the most advanced cell phone I can find. In my quest to see what is new and greatest is in the world of cellphones, I came across the is site where one can get bespoke cellphones. Enjoy! :icon_smile_big:

· Connoisseur
5,988 Posts
I guess I'm old school as far as cell phones. All I want mine to do is to make and receive phone calls.

My 20 year old daughter thinks I'm something of a neanderthal in this regard, but of course she knows nothing of life before cell phones, computers, video games, and so on. Growing up in the 50's I still remember only having 3 channels on the television, and they weren't on 24 hours a day. :icon_smile_big:

Cruiser

· Registered
996 Posts
Phones are poor status symbols IMHO

I understand getting a fancy expensive pen, watch, lighter, etc. as these things will last a lifetime. Personal electronics? Not so much. Maybe if you get a special service like with but not for a heavier more delicate shell.

I have a reverse snobbery with my Nokia 3390. It doesn't even have a color screen. I'd get a slimmer third-world MOTOFONE but it doesn't even have a calendar.

· Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Those phones were designed for some stupid kid who would lose it the very same week of the purchase.

Either that or trained monkeys, entertainers: like gangster rappers and pop stars
I firmly believe the above people must be their customers.

· Registered
2,163 Posts
Oh, that sounds like a nice phone: very basic and functional. I'm going to be getting a cell phone later this week, so I'll keep that brand in mind. However, I don't think I will go with T-Mobile or ATT; their commercials seriously suck.

· Registered
115 Posts
Oh, that sounds like a nice phone: very basic and functional. I'm going to be getting a cell phone later this week, so I'll keep that brand in mind. However, I don't think I will go with T-Mobile or ATT; their commercials seriously suck.
I wouldn't recommend deciding which cell phone (or anything for that matter) to purchase based upon the quality of their commercials.

Cell phone companies can vary DRASTICALLY in service quality depending on where you live. I currently have AT&T because it has strong service in my town, but where I used to live it was horrible. Everyone who had them hated it.

I'd recommend taking a good survey amongst people you know to find out which company has strong service in your town.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.