Men's Clothing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,539 Posts
There is no real reason to travel abroad for bespoke. London is appealling but if you earn your wages in Australian dollars and pay in Pounds Sterling, it can be expensive. Also it is good to establish a long term relationship with someone local. It just makes life so much easier. The finest local artisans are excellent, and relieve me of any desire whatsoever to travel for bespoke.

I would only suggest Hong Kong for WW Chan if you travel there frequently on business (ie several times a year). All the work I have seen of theirs has been impressive considering their reasonable prices.

·
Registered
3,539 Posts
A Short List

1.John Cutler
He is expensive and has the enviable title of being a third generation Cutler bespoke tailor as well as being Savile Row trained. His prices also rival Savile Row firms. He has the widest range of cloths and books available in town. The silhouette is very English.

2. Adamo Marrone
His tailoring is softer, and more Italian. He cuts an exquisitely shaped coat. He does beautiful handwork.

3. Victor Alacqua
Victor coats are beautifully made with plenty of handwork on them. He also stocks a good number of H Lesser books.

4. John Cutrone
I have heard very favourable things about him, but have not had a chance to inspect his work for myself.

5. Sam Disano
Sam represents great value for money, although his coats have much less handwork. He used to run a successful bespoke tailoring firm on Hunter St in the CBD and retired early. He runs a tiny store in the back streets of Parramatta (close to Charles Nakhle) more as a hobby than for the money.

6. Nick Salanitro.
He used to have his own shop in Nth Sydney, but is now semi-retired, and works out of Salman Clothing in Greenwood Plaza. Lots of handwork, and meticulous attention to detail.

Victor Alacqua
28 Cross St
Double Bay 2028
(02) 9328 1630

Disano Sam Pty Ltd
Horwood Pl Car Park Station Shop3,
Parramatta 2150
(02) 9689 1070

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.