Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Aficianado
1,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just read on blacktieguide.com (my first time on there),that besom pockets with lining matching the lapel facings are sure signs of a rental,and therefore considered naff.Both of my dj's have besom pockets lined with the lapel material,and they certainly aren't rentals.Is it really that big of a deal?

·
Connoisseur
5,988 Posts
I wouldn't give it a second thought one way or the other. I don't think that most men go around sizing up and evaluating the clothing of other men like this and for those few that do, do you really care what they think? I think that as long as it fits well and looks good, that's all that really matters.

Cruiser

·
Registered
2,865 Posts
I just read on blacktieguide.com (my first time on there),that besom pockets with lining matching the lapel facings are sure signs of a rental,and therefore considered naff.Both of my dj's have besom pockets lined with the lapel material,and they certainly aren't rentals.Is it really that big of a deal?
Someone who cares about clothes and eagerly looks for examples of sartortial excellence will first notice the fit and the fabric of the tuxedo itself. The second glance will acknowledge the fit and style of the shirt and the quality of the tie and commerbund/waistcoat. Detail such as the fabric used to trim the besom pockets are a third-level examination and will be done by so few people that one may as well demand black burlap for those pieces and see who notices.

·
Vendor
1,738 Posts
Many details that were once the sign that the garment was NOT off-the-rack are added to very inexpensive garments to give the impression that they are high quality. The besom detail is an example of that. Another example is the number of inexpensive garments that have working or imitation button holes on the sleeves. Don't give it a second thought.
Paul Winston
www.chipp2.com

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.