Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
3,914 Posts
Press had khakis from Berle that I thought were good. That was about 5 years ago though. Maybe more.

· Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quality is not consistent up and down their line, and so it could seem like they are over-priced. Hertling is a lot better in that regard.
I do have several pair of Hertling Trousers including three pair of their Calvary Twills. Since the demise of Majer it seems many Trad Stores have gone to Hertling which is made in Brooklyn, N. Y. They are excellent.

· Registered
1,066 Posts
I have a pair of Charleston Khakis and I would put them as similar to Bill's in quality but cost less. The wool pants are not in the league of Hertling, but they're also not as expensive as Hertling either. I think similar quality can be had for less. The one thing Berle has going over most others is the rise is high enough for my long torso unlike most other brands I've tried on in person.

· Registered
1,085 Posts
I have some Charleston Khakis that I like very much: regular khakis, "reds," and madras shorts. Similar to Bills in quality. Compared to the M2 they're a bit slimmer, with slightly higher rise.

They're in men's stores around the South, as are identical house-label ones.

· Registered
264 Posts
I have some Charleston Khakis that I like very much: regular khakis, "reds," and madras shorts. Similar to Bills in quality. Compared to the M2 they're a bit slimmer, with slightly higher rise.

They're in men's stores around the South, as are identical house-label ones.
I picked up a pair of Canvas Charleston Khakis just yesterday. Menswear place one town over had them 75% off, so I got them for right at $25.00. These particular pants were made in Mexico, not the USA. seems like the last Charlestons I purchased were made in the USA, but these are not. For $25 not a bad purchase, would not have at the regular $99.50 price tag.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.