·
Site Creator
11,755 Posts
Jerry65:

One of your fellow members IS Benjamin suits! :icon_smile:

eHaberdasher
www.eHaberdasher.com
Luxury menswear your fingertips
Brioni, Barbera, Isaia, Armani, Versace, Zegna & more!

www.benjaminclothing.com

A new line of luxury clothing featuring full canvas construction,
fine fabrics, and exquisite details - all at an incredible value!

There is some discussion here https://askandyaboutclothes.com/community/showthread.php?t=89536
and I'm sure you'll get some more good comments and information

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have a pair of the trousers from the separates and I'm very pleased with them. They are a closer fit through the seat and more trim through the thighs than most trousers I've purchased in the past - to the point that they might be a bit slim for some, but a great fit for me. The fit was exactly what I was looking for. I like them enough that I'll certainly seriously consider one of the suits in the future.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Benjamin trousers

I just purchased a pair of charcoal gray, flat front Benjamin trousers. As a member previously noted they have a closer fit than most - and I normally buy closer fitting trousers like Canali. These are a slightly narrower fitting than the Canali. They are fine, but I would consider going one size larger next time. (I try to balance a range of fittings for my inevitable weight oscillations). Most people would probably be advised to buy a size larger than normal if they like a trim, but comfortable fit.

The construction and details are excellent (not only considering the price, but in general compared to any RTW). The fabric looks very nice. It is a Super 140, but the overall weight is perhaps slightly heavier than a typical Italian Super 140. This may actually improve durability. I will see how the fabric will stand usage.

I would also note that there is no label stating origin (Made in...) and the descriptive label is a smart "Italian" label.

In summary, I consider it an excellent value and very well made piece of clothing (my typical purchases range to 2-3 times their price for trousers of seemingly comparable quality I would normally buy). I will certainly consider their suits or separates in the future (even though I will want to think a bit about the sizing issue - for a middle aged man ...but young at heart...:icon_smile_big:).

·
Super Moderator
3,213 Posts
I recently picked up a very nice US-made tweed sports jacket at a thrift shop, well-tailored and made from a soft cashmere fabric in a herringbone pattern woven in Scotland, according to a label inside the jacket. The other label said Benjamin Chicago, as in the image below. I wonder if this is a tailor or a menswear shop located in the city, perhaps now defunct. I know ehaberdasher has a line of suits with the name Benjamin, but as far as I can tell this one is different. If anyone has information regarding this label and the shop or tailor associated with it, I'd be most obliged if you'll let me know.

1638715789404.png

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.