Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I found a good deal on a pair of Alden LHS loafers in cigar shell :aportnoy: Problem is, I don't think that I have any belts that will be remotely appropriate with them. I intend to wear the shoes at work for business casual dress with khakis, etc. As such, I'd need something in dressy leather. Are there any belt options that come to mind that aren't horrendously expensive?

·
Registered
437 Posts
Any medium to dark brown belt should be fine. Your belt doesn't have to be an exact match to your shoes, your watchband, or your leather S&M hood. Just get them close and you'll be fine. Frankly, when I see guys with belts that are obviously matched exactly to their shoes, it looks silly to me, rather than well put-together.

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
Alligator?

Nicad- You might look at the options that a company Alligator leather by Kinnamon has. I have bought two alligator belts from a fellow named Pete there, at approx $200 each ( which is less than many/most alligator suppliers) and have been quite pleased. I have a "peanut" color that I wear with a walnut Alden tassel and a dark burgundy that goes well with a color 8 Alden LHS.
You can google Alligator by Kinnamon and find his site.
Tom

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the suggestions gentleman. As for my source, regarding which I've received several PM's, there really isn't much to say. I happened to get lucky and pick up a pair over at the SF Buy/Sell forum. May you all be as fortunate! :aportnoy:

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.