Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased this Jacket (from 'The Savile Row company') and have been experimenting with various shirt/tie combinations.

The jacket goes wonderfully with a burgundy Bow tie and a number of different coloured shirts.

My question is what trouser would compliment this jacket perfectly for a smart dress look, should the same colour trouser be worn, or would a total contrast be more effective? I know that jeans work well with this type of jacket, but i'm after smart as apposed to smart casual.

Any assistance would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
My question is what trouser would compliment this jacket perfectly for a smart dress look, should the same colour trouser be worn, or would a total contrast be more effective? I know that jeans work well with this type of jacket, but i'm after smart as apposed to smart casual.

Any assistance would be much appreciated.

Perhaps grey or olive trousers would look nice with this jacket.

Cheers.

·
Registered
8,532 Posts
If you can get the matching trousers it would make a nice suit. And this is one suit that is appropriate without a tie. For contrasting trousers you could get a darker tan or brown. Olive trousers would also look, but I personally don't like olive.

·
Registered
195 Posts
It's hard to tell sometimes from a picture. Not all screens and video cards reproduce colors exactly and often cameras aren't true to shades and tones either. That being said, one can't go wrong with dark brown slacks, olive, and if the color of the blazer is neutral enough, blues and grays.

I would recommend taking the jacket to a clothing outlet and putting slacks and jacket against you in front of a mirror and judge for yourself. Remember, it must look good on you. Some people's complexion will have a dramatic affect on certain hues........

my .02

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.