Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Interesting blog post, Tintin. The shoe on the right (size 9, IIRC) definitely looks as though it's been pre-worn or is irregular. I have a pair of LLB camp mocs, and love them. Though I now alternate them with my Quoddy canoe mocs, my LLB mocs have seen quite a bit of action (I've had them for 3 or 4 years). Nonetheless, they've held up well and closely resemble the darker-colored shoe on the left (the one that's on your foot).

·
Registered
993 Posts
Interesting blog post, Tintin. The shoe on the right (size 9, IIRC) definitely looks as though it's been pre-worn or is irregular. I have a pair of LLB camp mocs, and love them. Though I now alternate them with my Quoddy canoe mocs, my LLB mocs have seen quite a bit of action (I've had them for 3 or 4 years). Nonetheless, they've held up well and closely resemble the darker-colored shoe on the left (the one that's on your foot).
How do the LLB compare to the Quoddy?

·
Registered
250 Posts
After much research here I bought the LLB mocs. They look like the ones on your feet. They were comfortable right out of the box and after wearing a few times are already getting a cool patina.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
How do the LLB compare to the Quoddy?
The LLB shoes are more durable than Quoddy, IMO. For example, I have waterproofed my LLB mocs and do not hesitate to wear them in the winter, even if snow and ice is on the ground. On the other hand, I consider the Quoddy canoe moc more of a strictly summer shoe (with shorts, etc.). I like the Quoddy shoe a lot, but the LLB camp moc definitely has its place (notwithstanding its origins in El Salvador or wherever).

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
I like Bastian clothes and I find them intriguing in the sense that I wonder how much they could possibly be worth. They look like what GAP clothes should look like if GAP could push through a doubling of their price point. But the clothes cost literally 20 times the GAP price point. I am sure they are much better than the GAP or even like Filson and I guess the target market are guys for whom there is really no diifference between paying $50 or $500 for a shirt. But I still wonder how they could possibly find a solid customer base.

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
I like Bastian clothes and I find them intriguing in the sense that I wonder how much they could possibly be worth. They look like what GAP clothes should look like if GAP could push through a doubling of their price point. But the clothes cost literally 20 times the GAP price point. I am sure they are much better than the GAP or even like Filson and I guess the target market are guys for whom there is really no diifference between paying $50 or $500 for a shirt. But I still wonder how they could possibly find a solid customer base.
I agree. I think Bastian is the best of this new crop of "designers". Some of the stuff at places like Steve Alan looks more like Old Navy to me. It is good to see some trad clothes featured as designer clothes though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.