Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If Bass Camp Mocs are re-branded Bean shoes, which I've read in another post, does this mean that the LL Bean Penny Loafers are Bass shoes re-branded?

Thanks

· Registered
348 Posts
My guess is yes. I just returned a pair of LL Bean Classic Penny Loafers, they were made in El Salvador, where Bass makes their shoes now. The leather uppers were stiff, the leather soles were of low quality, a decline from the ones from a few years ago.

Previously, the LL Bean loafers were made in the Domincan Republic (re-branded Sebagos). They were a notch or two better than the rebranded Bass ones.

· Registered
526 Posts
If Bass Camp Mocs are re-branded Bean shoes, which I've read in another post, does this mean that the LL Bean Penny Loafers are Bass shoes re-branded?

Thanks
If you look on some of the online retailers and then at an LLB catalog it sure looks like they're the same. Or maybe Bass is making them all. Some under their name and some made under the LLB moniker.

· Registered
1,551 Posts
Wouldn't surprise me as my wife's aunt used to work in a jean factory and they would get a box of labels and and stick them on every pair of pants with no changes what so ever. She told me they would make jeans for Belk and hang them, and make the same jeans for Walmart and they would fold them and put them in a box.

· Registered
5,808 Posts
The only problem I have with this is the shape of the heel. The Bean loafers, at least in photos, have a strongly cupped heel (in the vertical plane) while the Bass don't. The Bass pair I tried on recently also had really soft uppers, so that they didn't hold their shape. But they're probably made by the same company, just with different lasts and sourced materials.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.