Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This summer I have a beach wedding to attend. It's at 6:00PM (evening time but still hours of daylight left) with a reception at a nearby vineyard. I would like to go with a seersucker suit and white bucks. Too casual? Too daytime? If not appropriate, any alternatives will be appreciated.

Also, in terms of getting sandy: socks versus no socks, cuffs versus no cuffs, or should I just suck it up, not worry, and enjoy myself--it is only sand.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
I have a 6 pm wedding in Atlanta this summer and I'm tempted to wear a seersucker. But we must be disciplined. I think at the very least you could get away with is a blue poplin suit. Of course many people will be dressed very casually, but we have a standard to keep.

·
Registered
6,832 Posts
This summer I have a beach wedding to attend. It's at 6:00PM (evening time but still hours of daylight left) with a reception at a nearby vineyard. I would like to go with a seersucker suit and white bucks. Too casual? Too daytime? If not appropriate, any alternatives will be appreciated.

Also, in terms of getting sandy: socks versus no socks, cuffs versus no cuffs, or should I just suck it up, not worry, and enjoy myself--it is only sand.
I think seersucker and white bucks are OK, but sand? Will the bride and groom wear flip flops while the preacher speeds things along to prevent drownings as the tide draws near? Unless the invitation warns women against wearing heels, I should think provisions will be made such that bucks would be safe. If you do go with seersucker--and I would, especially with vineyard reception--be aware that you'll likely find yourself with at least one seersucker twin, which is fine. Just make sure your seersucker, which is to say proper socks, pocket square and perhaps straw hat, kicks ass.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.