Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm buying my brother a TM Lewin button down collar shirt for his birthday and wanted some help with fit/size. He generally wears a 16.5x35 in BB regular fit shirts. Will the size be the same for the TM Lewin shirt? I'm hoping someone here has bought both and can comment. Here's a pic of the type of shirt I'm buying. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
7,024 Posts
The fit of a regular-fit Lewin shirt and that of a Brooks Bros. . . .

. . . are pretty much the same.

Lewin's regular cut for shirts is fairly full, and is comparable in cut to the traditional cut at Brooks Bros. I have many shirts from Lewin (though not their buttondowns - yet), and other than their "semi-fitted" shirts, or their John Francomb line, they are full-cut, much in the way that Brooks's shirts are full-cut.

Unless the recipient of the gift is quite stout, the shirt should fit. For comparison, I've worn 16/34 in Brooks, and 16/35 in Lewin, and have been as heavy as 215 lbs. and the shirts have fit. (Happily, I am nowhere near that weight currently.)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.