Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,865 Posts
I assume that the BB one is heavier--or are they just trading on the fact that it's from the brethren?
I just checked Tiffany & Co's buckles - the plain 1837 collection buckle (smooth with three hallmarks) is $195, their more intersting gatelink buckle with 18K accents was $250, and the Metropolis buckle is $275.

Based on those prices, and the strong resale value of Tiffany silver, I'd say that Brooks in overpriced.

Besides, I really like BDJeffries. I pass by their shop on the way home from work, and I did quite a bit of my Christmas shopping there.

·
Registered
5,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Yes, it does seem that the BB buckle is overpriced--although does anyone have any first hand experience with it? Of course, my guess is that a buckle like this will last for many, many years across a couple of generations, and so any differences in the original price will soon become utterly negligible per wearing!

Plus, of course, this is all academic for me--I'm a long way from ever buying a $200 buckle! :icon_smile_wink: But I am interested in them, as I'm very curious as to how they work!

·
Registered
59 Posts
B.D. Jeffries

I worked at Brooks Brothers, got a significant discount, and still decided to buy the B.D. Jeffries due to the size, shape, and heft of the B.D. Jeffries over the Brooks Brothers. My buckle has tarnishing issues and some scratches, however, a little polish always returns it to looking new. Additionally, I had mine hand engraved at a local jeweler and although this was $60 more expensive it was worth the price. Good Luck with your decision.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.