Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Yes, that's a good price ....

at approximately 50% off. The Regent sport coats have been narrowed (slim fit) so you should order one size up; for example, I wear a 42 and had to order a 43 for proper fit. surgeon's cuffs are available on Regent jackets if desired.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Yes - v good deal. I must say, however, that a center vent seems a bit at odds with the overall cut, style, and detailing of the Regent jackets. They have a British flavor IMO...

^ dFloyd - you sure are a big fan of surgeon's cuffs! Why, may I ask, are you so concerned with having them on OTR? Just curious - it seems like most only give heed to this detail on MTM and bespoke...

·
Registered
172 Posts
Yes - v good deal. I must say, however, that a center vent seems a bit at odds with the overall cut, style, and detailing of the Regent jackets. They have a British flavor IMO...
I am almost 100% certain that, despite the description on the website, this blazer does NOT in fact have a center vent but rather side vents. I have seen a few of them in stores on clearance and all were the model with side vents. Although the current Regent style seems to be 3B w/ side vents, there were a handful of Regent sport coats, etc. over the past year that were in 2B w/ center vent in a slimmer cut.

The clearance price is a good deal for this blazer, but I think the Southwick flannel blazer (Andover Shop, Dann-Online, Eddie Jacobs, etc.) is much nicer - although you will pay more like the full retail price of the BB blazer for it.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Question on regular vs. long. Is there a particular height that one gets regular or long? I am 6'2" and all that is left of that particular model is 43 or 44 Long. Thanks
You are probably a long
I'm pretty sure Regents have side vents but cant swear every last item does.
That vest is available at the warehose sale for $99 bucks, tons of them.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Sweet, I just ordered a 44L. Really only a guess as to whether it will fit or not but if it doesn't I can always exchange it.

Another question, can you take a blazer you ordered online into a BB store and have them alter it for you? I'll be going in a couple weeks to buy a couple of suits, dress shirts, pants, etc. and would prefer just to wait and have them tailor it there for free.

Also, if I ordered a 44L and it should have been a 43L or 42L is it possible to get that tailored down?

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Regents have both center vents and side vents ....

I have both in 2 button and db. No, if you take a 43 you wont be able to make it into a 43 from a 44. As I said before, the Regent has gotten slimmer. I have never worn a 43 in my life, but the last Regent jacket I got was a 43; the 42 was too tight across the shoulders.

You can take a web purchase into a Brooks store for alterations. BB charges for some alterations, but those that are free will be done at no charge. The Regent is supplied so that surgeons cuffs can be added, but BB does charge for these. I always get them since I fit so well into BB jackets that they look as if they are custom tailored, so why not go all the way.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Saxxon?

What's the difference between the Saxxon wool and the regular 1818 wool?

I'm a young guy trying to build my wardrobe, and I am in need of a classic navy blazer (my current one is ... well it's cheap). I have a couple of 44L 1818 madison suits ... if I were to order this should I get the 45L?

How much different is this than the Two-Button Classic 1818 Blazer? I was going to get one of those during the next family and friends event.

·
Registered
158 Posts
According to BB Customer Service, this is a "fully-lined winter weight blazer". Too bad, its on sale for $260 right now.
That's odd. I was looking at this same blazer myself. I called a customer service, and the associate said that she thought it was a lighter weight than the normal regent blazer. I suppose I'll have to go to a retail store and ask there.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.