Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First post..

Couple questions for those of you with BB Regent or Fitzgerald cut suits.

1. It seems to me that not all suits under these labels are cut the same. I try on some Regent suits and they fit well while others seem much fuller/wider. Can anyone confirm this or am I just imagining things?

2. I typically get Regent in 44L but need 3" taken in on the sides. The 44L Fitzgerald is a bit too snug in the shoulders -- should I consider going to 45L or will that push the side alterations too much? Anyone here have success with both cuts or do you typically stick to one?

·
Registered
953 Posts
Welcome.

As to your first question, I don't have experience, but it would seem to me that BB would be moving towards standardizing the cuts for each of their madison, fitzgerald and regent lines, but that some inconsistency may have come out as a result of developing these lines over the last year or two.

As to the second: always go with what fits in the shoulders. There may be limits to how much can be taken in on the sides, in which case you're better off going with another brand, m2m or bespoke.

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
I have three Regents purchased over the last 2+ years .....

and the line has gone through different sizing. My weight hasn't changed a bit but the first Regent was a 42L, the second was a 42R, and the third was a 43R. The size differences were the result of BB changing the cut of the suit to make it more slim fitting. I wouldn't buy a Regent without trying it on first since each season seems to bring about some subtle changes. The Fitzgerald is the slimmest cut and I can't wear it. I am skinny at 165 pounds @ 6', but I think the Fitzgerald is more for 145 pounds @6'.

If the Fitzgerald or Regent fit you, they can be had at a good price on sale. Because their sizes are varying doesn't mean I don't like the Regent, you just need to get it into a store and try it on. It's best to get your salesman to order it for you so you're not stuck with shipping charges.

The Regents generally go for about $500. If you need mtm, I wouldn't pay more than 20% more than the Regent sale price. Now that Hickey Freeman is making some slim fits with side vents, I would try them over BB for mtm.

·
Registered
302 Posts
I used it about 3 to 4 years ago and it was great; suit fit wonderfully.
It's nice living in Jersey, isn't it? Close enough to take a ride up to the city every once in a while, but not living in it. Love it. I definitely will keep this method in mind, especially if it costs less and has wonderful results! Thank you, sir, for your especially helpful advice-- your experience with this method is much appreciated.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I used it about 3 to 4 years ago and it was great; suit fit wonderfully.
How does this compare with the Martin Greenfield events? I was planning on commissioning BB for a MTM suit in the Regent cut, however, my permanent address is in New York, but I'm currently in Boston for school so I was wondering on whether I should go to 346 Madison for the digital tailoring or stay in Boston?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.