Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I did search on this but didn't see any threads addressing this specific issue, so:

I'm ready to pick up a half-canvassed dark gray suit, so off I went to BB. I've never bought a suit from them before, but they've got a pretty good reputation on these boards and they are also having a sale.

I was checking out the Regent, which looked like it fit very well. It was on sale for $600. It's half-canvassed, super 120, made in Italy, with a 7 inch drop. Then a saleswoman told me they did MTM for the Regent for the exact same price. The only difference is the MTM version would be super 110, and it would be made in Thailand. That's how they kept the price down for the MTM, so the saleswoman explained.

I'm not sure, actually, I really see the difference between getting this kind of MTM at the BB store, and getting an OTR suit then taking it to my tailor. Doesn't it amount to the same thing? The major difference seems to be that basically BB will do the tailoring for free, whereas my tailor would probably charge another $120 for all the alterations.

Has anybody else tried this or heard of this kind of deal?

I really liked the fit, by the way, of the Regent. They had some nice, dark gray herringbone fabric, too.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Bb only makes there mtm suits in the USA. Their golden fleece line is made by martin greenfield and starting level ltm is made by Southwick, which bb bought recently. I know this to be fact because I work at bb. Contact me with any questions about bb mtm.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.