Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

Does anyone have experience with BB's cashmere lined lambskin gloves?

https://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCa..._Id=1265587&Parent_Id=228&default_color=Black

As I'm learning to brave the cold here in Ohio, I've found my hands really need something on them and my cheap wool gloves are fine for a quick walk with the dog, but don't really cut it for much else. So this past week I purchased the above gloves from BB.

However, when I brought them home and showed them to my girlfriend, she noticed a tear where the thumb meets the palm where it appears a stitch had been broken. I've spoken to the store and they are ordering me a new pair (no more of my size in the store). I am wondering though, if I get a new will they too be torn soon?

The only explaination I can think of is that pair I purchased were a display pair and someone may have tried to put them on when they were far too small (I do wear a size small). I'm just not sure if I should simply get my money back and find a different pair or take the new pair and hope for the best.

Any thoughts or experience?

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
I am on my second pair of BB gloves. The first pair I wore for several years with no problem until they were "borrowed" by someone mistaking them for their own. The second pair I wore last year and am wearing them this year...this morning in fact. No problems with them. I have another pair by a different manufacturer that look very similar but are not as soft and conforming to my hands. I'm satisfied with mine.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I've owned a number of pairs of these gloves (mostly because I have a tendency to lose them :)). I once had the exact same problem you did - I noticed a tear caused by a broken stitch. Took the gloves back to the store and they took care of me. That was the only time I've had that problem.

·
Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
37,088 Posts
During the recent midnight madness sales, I bought my wife her second pair of the women's version of BB's kidskin/cashmere lined gloves. She has worn the first pair for (working 0n) five years and, while they are still serviceable, they finish on the kidskin is looking well worn! I would bet your replacement pair will work out just fine.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Interesting that you mention it. I don't have the lamb/cashmere combo, but my leather/cloth liner BB's definitely have stitching issues. Clumsy non-surgeon that I am, I have made short order of several defects with a suturing kit. Funny thing, the leather itself is excellent in quality and wears like iron.

·
Registered
197 Posts
2 in 1 gloves

Concerning the BB leather/lambswool 2 in 1 gloves, I have a pair that are probably 25 years old that are used only on the dressiest occasions. They are difficult to pull on but beautiful. I admit I can't imagine paying $248 for them. I probably paid around $30 for them new, but that was when the OCBD was $14.50. Warm, functional, beautiful, but once they are on, they need to stay on because it takes me a few minutes to get them on-no messing around with bare fingers and keys. Way too dressy (in my opinion) for shoveling the snow or digging out the car. They need a dressy coat too, I think.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.