Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I bought my first custom shirt today. Being that I normally can't find anything with a 16 neck and 37-38 sleeve I have quite a few MTM white shirts to go with my suits, but have been relegated to wearing colored or patterned shirts more casually with the sleeves rolled up. One problem I had was that once you get into that range I could not get a slimmer or athletic cut so from my ribcage down to my waist my shirts had been baggy and looked a bit unkempt from all of the excess material when tucked in.

Upon entering Brooks Brothers, I tried on a couple of the 16/36 shirts they had, seeing as how that was the longest sleeve-length just to get a feel for some of the fabrics then went in and got measured. I had always told myself it was too expensive and I would have to wait, but I was tired of getting shirts that did not fit. It was a great feeling being able to pick out everything from the fabric, pattern, cuffs, collar to the placket buttons, yoke, and back pleats - and knowing that it was going to fit me perfectly. I settled for a luxury fit and even had the bagginess of the sleeves taken in a bit...I can't wait until it gets here, there are sure to be more to come. I just wanted to share my excitement with the forum; I haven't posted here much, but have learned an incredible amount. Thankyou everyone.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I believe BB offers both Custom and for about $20-25 more MTM shirts. The MTM offering lets you make a few more adjustments to the pattern if the Custom shirt isn't just how you want it. I have a few of their MTM shirts I have very happy with. (I wear a 14 3/4" neck with 33 1/2" sleeves and about a 33" waist.)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.