Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently got a nice blazer from my not-so-local BB shop. The blazer is wool, wonderful, and has muted buttons. However, the BB logo blazer parch is an option. It looks kinda neat but even if nicely placed (pinned by tailor) it might bee just too much. What do you chaps think? I know the old adage, "if you feel uncomfortable....don't...." Maybe I simply lack the guts to try ???
Dave

·
Banned
16,023 Posts
Don't get it. They should pay you to wear something with their logo on it.

·
Registered
284 Posts
In the words of Wentworth Tradd:

One word of caution, though. Unless you are used to being the only person in the room doing or wearing something, you might want to go easy on the pocket patch. It's a fine line and I am not going to be there to catch you if you stray over it.

·
Connoisseur
5,988 Posts
I only wear two items of clothing that have visible logos. My Lee jeans have a tiny patch that says "Lee" sewn on the 5th pocket and the Lee patch on the outside waistband, but the latter is covered by my belt. I also have some Dockers golf shirts that have the dockers logo embroidered in one sleeve, but it is the same color as the shirt and all but invisible.

I refuse to advertise on my clothing when at all possible. When I buy a car I don't let the dealer put his name on my car. If it's already there before I buy it, I remove it. I will admit to leaving the auto maker's name on, but I have thought of even removing that, "debadging" as the car enthusiasts call it.

Of interest in this regard is one of my weekend "toys", a Ford Mustang convertible. The word "Mustang" does not appear on that car at all. There is a galloping pony in the grill and on the rear end, and that's all. Ford Motor decided that the Mustang is such a universally identifiable entity that there was no need to put it on the car. As an option the customer could order stripes on the lower part of the car that contained the word "Mustang", but again, this was at the customer's option.

Cruiser

·
Super Moderator
27,866 Posts
I recently got a nice blazer from my not-so-local BB shop. The blazer is wool, wonderful, and has muted buttons. However, the BB logo blazer parch is an option. It looks kinda neat but even if nicely placed (pinned by tailor) it might bee just too much. What do you chaps think? I know the old adage, "if you feel uncomfortable....don't...." Maybe I simply lack the guts to try ???
Dave
IMO, if one puts a patch on an odd jacket other than one from their school, club or estate, they are a poseur.

·
Connoisseur
5,988 Posts
^
Wish they would do that with clothes too...
:icon_smile_big:

After seeing some of the Olympic clothing, I'm beginning to wonder why they didn't just make that polo pony lifesize and stop any pretense.

Although both are extremely well known, I have a feeling that more people could identify the first pony than the second, at least in the U.S.

https://img518.imageshack.us/my.php?image=fordmustanglogowu6.jpg

https://img516.imageshack.us/my.php?image=198poloralphlaurenlogopxt1.jpg

Cruiser

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
I wonder if we were the only country that had a commercial logo on their opening ceremony outfits. If RL had to put his pony on them, I wish he would have made it smaller. I thought the newsboy caps were a tad large but an interesting idea. All in all, it was a great look.

I also liked Norway's grey and orange although I know a lof of folks won't agree with me on that.

Back to the OP's question - I would only wear a badge on a blazer if it represented some organization of which I was a member and even then I probably would not do it.

Cheers, Jim.

·
Honors Member, <br>Varsity Captain
3,590 Posts
Removing buttons? Too much effort for something most people will not even notice. That is unless you have some university or club buttons that you just have to have on a jacket. Skip the patch though.

I can understand not wanting logos, but do you pry the emblems off your car too?

·
Connoisseur
5,988 Posts
I can understand not wanting logos, but do you pry the emblems off your car too?
I don't remove the factory things, but I do ask the dealer to not put his dealership logo on the car. If they do, I remove it. Most dealerships just use a decal and it is easily removed with a hairdryer and damp cloth.

I just don't care to be a rolling billboard for a car dealership. Same with clothing.

Cruiser

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
I can remember a time when we wore labels on the Inside of our clothing. I expect most folks in this forum still do.

I even remember a time when ladies bathing suits covered more skin then their underwear. I just had a flash of good judgment that suggests I not pursue that topic.

Cheers, Jim.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.