Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1,992 Posts
Closest I know of is the outlet stores on Eastern Long Island. At Tanger Mall in Riverhead and Outlet Center on rte 27 in Bellport.

Not what they once were but at outlet prices they represent good value and they take a beating. There is a new tan soft leather version I have heard good things about, but haven't investigated yet.

· Registered
1,992 Posts
Just a note about my experience with Weejuns. I'm not a golden ager, so I won't try to compare the new Weejuns to the old. But one big criticism that I have is that they wear very poorly. Admittedly, I wear my Weejuns often and not in ideal conditions. (Winters in New York and Cambridge, MA) But I was surprised by how quickly the "color" wears thin in rough conditions. My black pair has held up better than the ox blood in that respect. But still, they are rather inexpensive shoes, I wear them often, and wouldn't hesitate to buy another pair.
I wouldnt consider them a good winter shoe, but a casual 3 season shoe. As is any such loafer.
Winter generally calls for something sturdier, wet resistent, and less prone to letting the wind hit your feet.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.