Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
I like the style, but not sure about that fabric. Have you owned any microfiber jackets or coats? Personally, I have found that they don't breathe, even with a natural fiber lining. Some coats like this do have a breathable fabric, but from the description I don't believe this one does. So, if you're hiking (read: exercising) I would be afraid that you'd begin to perspire in this one, with no place for that moisture to go.
[email protected]

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
I like the style, but not sure about that fabric. Have you owned any microfiber jackets or coats? Personally, I have found that they don't breathe, even with a natural fiber lining. Some coats like this do have a breathable fabric, but from the description I don't believe this one does. So, if you're hiking (read: exercising) I would be afraid that you'd begin to perspire in this one, with no place for that moisture to go.
[email protected]
I agree. I think you will quikly overheat in that coat if you are doing much more than walking. Although not "trad," it is hard to beat The North Face for hiking type gear.

·
Registered
100 Posts
For certain activities such as hiking and skiing, it is difficult to combine trad with function. Oftentimes, high tech fabrics will perform best; I prefer North Face for skiing, although I am looking into a Moncler jacket.

It you're more concerned about looks, Barbour's waxed jackets are quite waterproof.

·
Registered
619 Posts
I'd upgrade to the Barbour Beaufort with an additional liner, or even better, a Filson Outfitter with wool liner. The Wellington looks too "Land's End" for me. Not that there's anything wrong with it, but not at that price.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Barbour Quality: questionable from my experience

I can't speak for the jacket, but Barbour Wellington boots are poorly crafted at the seams. The first season I used them they started to fall apart. I took it easy on them too. Therefore I am suspicious about any of their products.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.