Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did it. Went bald for Fathers Day. So how to maintain it? Head blade? Regular disposable razors? Foil shaver? Or just use my clippers with no guard

Spf protection you prefer?

Also growing the beard out more. Just week one on the beard. Had a goatee and just decided last Sunday to not shave

·
Moderator and Bon Vivant
25,865 Posts
Can't help you much, I'm afraid. A good bald I've always thought too much trouble because you simply HAVE to shave your entire head every day. I just go to the barber monthly and have a 1/2" buzz on top and 3/4" on the face. It's a minimalist approach to grooming.

Reactions: eagle2250

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Im kinda keen on the headlade, the fusion, or the mach 3, or using up my Harrys cartridges and the DE I have. The Harrys did not cut as close today, so I need a new cartridge. Touched up with the DE.

If I go electric, Ill probably get the Pitbull Gold by Skull Shaver. Widely recommended on websites that review those things. Might not cut as close but maybe more convenient. But I like the idea of soaping up the scalp in the shower and hitting it with a razor. Thus the headlade, a Fusion or Mach 3

They say the Mach 3 blades are cheaper, only 3 of them, so they are spaced out more and won't clog up as easily. Fusion has the flex ball thing, but so does my Harry's cartridges, they flex.

Found some Neutrogena SPF 50, clear and at Costco, two tubes totaling 8 ounces for $9.99.

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
I have been voluntarily bald for around 10 years now. I would have a full head of hair I think but prefer baldness.

I use Wahl cordless clippers and a couple of times a week I shave it. I use Jack Black Beard Lube and Gillette Fusion razors. It takes about 5 minutes a day. After I shave my face I apply Taylor’s of Old Bond St. aftershave gel to my head and face. BTW I shave my head in the shower.

·
Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
36,788 Posts
I am not bald but I have thinning hair, My Mother won't allow me to shave my head, she prefers me the way I am now, handsome.;)
Myfriend, I can appreciate you "thinning hair" dilemma. Mine is not thinning, so much at it seems to be receding (to perhaps an inchforward of my ears.). My forehead seems to have grown to encompass the fist third of my head. Given that reality and that I have been wearing a modified high and tight for years, Mrs Eagle has grown accustomed to the more severe image created by the cut. LOL. ;)

·
Moderator and Bon Vivant
25,865 Posts
My hairline started to recede in high school, as shown by my graduation picture. There not being much I could do about it, I eventually chose to go to a 1/2" buzz cut and a 3/4" beard monthly. It's a minimalist grooming style.

Reactions: eagle2250

·
Registered
Tie
19,629 Posts
My hairline started to recede in high school, as shown by my graduation picture. There not being much I could do about it, I eventually chose to go to a 1/2" buzz cut and a 3/4" beard monthly. It's a minimalist grooming style.
I've been receding for nearly 20 years and you can definitely see it in a lot of the photos, I don't know how to hide a bald spot or patch.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts