Men's Clothing Forums banner

Baby DON'T Need a Blue Pair of Shoes.

3K views 29 replies 13 participants last post by  RogerP 
#1 ·
I don't need any pair of shoes, and am successfully resisting purchasing any!!!

:mad::mad::mad:!

Among my many weaknesses is one for blue suede. But as fond of it as I am, I must admit they are something that gain from not being constantly seen, and hence, their versatility is not as great as, say, good 'ol brown leather. I've been thinking how lovely, and how much I'd enjoy a pair of tassel loafers from Sanders in blue suede that I've had hankering over for several moons.

But I've just spied these, and they really ring almost all the right bells as a casual shoe according to my preferences. But I'm not gonna buy them either!

:mad:!

The reason I show them is my wonder at the truly remarkable hide. What an incredible nap! It looks as if one could fall into it and be lost for days!

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Foot Waist Human leg Thigh Font
Blue suede shoes shoe be a part of every gentleman's shoe/boot collection. Somewhere around the nest I've got a pair of AE Blue Suede Wing Tips that were on static display in the wife's Elvis room, back in our Hoosierville home. If I can find them, I'll post a pic!

Now that was a shock...it was a lot easier to find them than I thought it would be! Guess I'm better organized than I thought I was? :)

#10 · (Edited)
View attachment 21144 Blue suede shoes shoe be a part of every gentleman's shoe/boot collection. Somewhere around the nest I've got a pair of AE Blue Suede Wing Tips that were on static display in the wife's Elvis room, back in our Hoosierville home. If I can find them, I'll post a pic!

Now that was a shock...it was a lot easier to find them than I thought it would be! Guess I'm better organized than I thought I was? :)
Very nice looking!

I have fallen into the blue shoe (particularly the blue suede shoe) hole several times - one pair of leather/suede blue cap toes (leather in the front, suede in the back); a pair of blue suede two-eyelet derbies from New & Lingwood (they were on sale - kryptonite to my sense of fiscal probity); a pair of navy suede tassel loafers from Paul Stuart (also a sale item); a comfortable, if junky pair of rubber-soled navy suede bluchers from J&M; and a pair of navy suede sneakers (if such things count).
Sounds as if you're off to a good start! :D

To be honest, blue suede shoes, in general, do nothing for me personally - I don't have the skills to play three-dimensional clothing chess - but can't deny that those are an impressive and beautiful looking pair of shoes.

My unsolicited advice: assuming finances allow, buy them as you rarely find something that checks all your boxes on a not-common item and, rarely, do I regret the occasional purchase of some thing that I'm passionate about, but I have regretted passing on an item I really wanted to only find, I couldn't find it again when I did try to buy it later on.
Ah, but I would have heeded that advice as few a 5 or 10 years ago, but my aggregate circumstances argue too forcefully otherwise. There comes a time in each man's life . . . . :D

While those shoes are a wee bit too bright for my taste, perhaps if they were a dark navy cap toe or tasseled loafer, then maybe.
I fancied these. ;)

Something like this perhaps?

View attachment 21151
A very handsome shoe, but beyond my ken.

#4 ·
I have fallen into the blue shoe (particularly the blue suede shoe) hole several times - one pair of leather/suede blue cap toes (leather in the front, suede in the back); a pair of blue suede two-eyelet derbies from New & Lingwood (they were on sale - kryptonite to my sense of fiscal probity); a pair of navy suede tassel loafers from Paul Stuart (also a sale item); a comfortable, if junky pair of rubber-soled navy suede bluchers from J&M; and a pair of navy suede sneakers (if such things count).

#6 · (Edited)
To be honest, blue suede shoes, in general, do nothing for me personally - I don't have the skills to play three-dimensional clothing chess - but can't deny that those are an impressive and beautiful looking pair of shoes.

My unsolicited advice: assuming finances allow, buy them as you rarely find something that checks all your boxes on a not-common item and, rarely, do I regret the occasional purchase of something that I'm passionate about, but I have regretted passing on an item I really wanted to only find, I couldn't find it again when I did try to buy it later on.

#7 ·

My unsolicited advice: assuming finances allow, buy them as you rarely find something that checks all your boxes on a not-common item and, rarely, do I regret the occasional purchase of some thing that I'm passionate about, but I have regretted passing on an item I really wanted to only find, I couldn't find it again when I did try to buy it later on.
While those shoes are a wee bit too bright for my taste, perhaps if they were a dark navy cap toe or tasseled loafer, then maybe.

I wholeheartedly agree with the rest of your post as to regrets, I have at times experienced the same. While I do not have much need for anything regarding wardrobe , every once in a while something will pop up that I find difficult to resist and whether I need it or not I won't let it slip away, in most cases no regrets. No kicking myself for letting it pass.

#15 ·
When I started buying nicer shoes, suede didn't appeal to me initially because it looked fairly similiar across a wide range of shoes, even comparing cemented junk to quality welted footwear.

So I thought, why bother?

In comparison, the visual difference in quality calf vs. lower quality leather was immediately apparent.

Now I only feel like buying suede shoes at the moment, suits a dusty casual aesthetic a lot more, and is less attention grabbing. They're also more forgiving for breaking in.

Navy suede shoes like the tassel loafers and the longwings in the OP would suit my wardrobe very well considering I mostly wear khaki shades year round.

#19 ·
When I started buying nicer shoes, suede didn't appeal to me initially because it looked fairly similiar across a wide range of shoes, even comparing cemented junk to quality welted footwear.

So I thought, why bother?

In comparison, the visual difference in quality calf vs. lower quality leather was immediately apparent.

Now I only feel like buying suede shoes at the moment, suits a dusty casual aesthetic a lot more, and is less attention grabbing. They're also more forgiving for breaking in.

Navy suede shoes like the tassel loafers and the longwings in the OP would suit my wardrobe very well considering I mostly wear khaki shades year round.
Currently about $265 for the tassel loafer & $280 for the long wing Blucher.

Happy hunting! :devil:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.