Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2,131 Posts
To be honest, blue suede shoes, in general, do nothing for me personally - I don't have the skills to play three-dimensional clothing chess - but can't deny that those are an impressive and beautiful looking pair of shoes.

My unsolicited advice: assuming finances allow, buy them as you rarely find something that checks all your boxes on a not-common item and, rarely, do I regret the occasional purchase of some thing that I'm passionate about, but I have regretted passing on an item I really wanted to only find, I couldn't find it again when I did try to buy it later on.
While those shoes are a wee bit too bright for my taste, perhaps if they were a dark navy cap toe or tasseled loafer, then maybe.

I wholeheartedly agree with the rest of your post as to regrets, I have at times experienced the same. While I do not have much need for anything regarding wardrobe , every once in a while something will pop up that I find difficult to resist and whether I need it or not I won't let it slip away, in most cases no regrets. No kicking myself for letting it pass.

· Registered
2,131 Posts
Very nice looking!

Sounds as if you're off to a good start! :D

Ah, but I would have heeded that advice as few a 5 or 10 years ago, but my aggregate circumstances argue to forcefully otherwise. There comes a time in each man's life . . . . :D

I fancied these. ;)

A very handsome shoe, but beyond my ken.
Flanderian, How could you pass on those? They are a definite maybe for me. Smart tassel loafer.

· Registered
2,131 Posts
True. And at about $265, hardly ruinous -

https://www.bradshawandlloyd.com/sanders-finchley-navy-suede

I have this shoe in smooth dark brown calf, and having it is both and inducement and a caution: An inducement because I very much like its looks . . . it's a versatile style that can be dressed up or down, and I discovered that the particular last on which they're built fits me very well. But I've learned from past experience that multiples of some things tend to be less well worn. A smooth medium brown English penny is also under consideration, and would likely win out for the sake of use.
Understood.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.