Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Read Only
2,318 Posts
When I started buying nicer shoes, suede didn't appeal to me initially because it looked fairly similiar across a wide range of shoes, even comparing cemented junk to quality welted footwear.

So I thought, why bother?

In comparison, the visual difference in quality calf vs. lower quality leather was immediately apparent.

Now I only feel like buying suede shoes at the moment, suits a dusty casual aesthetic a lot more, and is less attention grabbing. They're also more forgiving for breaking in.

Navy suede shoes like the tassel loafers and the longwings in the OP would suit my wardrobe very well considering I mostly wear khaki shades year round.

· Read Only
2,318 Posts
Wait... what?
Tell me more!
Well then, you're good to go for the tassel loafer. They're Northamptonshire made, Lodon sold, though there are plenty of other vendors for this shoe as well.

But I'm afraid the Blucher/derby is from Majorca via Poland. Sorry, I suspect the Banditti are in full vigor in your neck of the woods :( -

https://patine.shoes/yanko-741y-blue.html
CETA, as I understand it, is like NAFTA. Involves the EU countries.

Although I'm slightly uncertain, seeing as Brexit would make the UK not part of the EU, but perhaps that just hasn't taken effect yet.

I've had other Canadian folks over at TOF mention that they bought shoes from Carmina, Meermin, Carlos Santos, C&J, AS etc with no duties, just taxes and shipping.

So perhaps all these options are duty free :amazing:!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.