Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Super Moderator
27,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love wrap overcoats, though I haven't had one in years. They need to be full cut, the belt does add warmth as one I had proved during many a frosty winter. Though I might prefer a raglan shoulder for it. And the over-sized herringbone is perfect cloth for it. The Loden DB is also lovely, though sans belt.

· Super Moderator
27,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
^^Handsome coats for sure,
but alas, my beloved overcoats(2) became naught but fading memories, a couple of years back when we migrated south. My old Burberry Trench, sans the cold wear liner, serves all such needs for me now. :( To my eye, while perhaps an inconvenient feature, the belt(s) are a must have feature! ;)
I used to have about a 3/4 mile walk from the train station to my office. It was common during that hour of the morning for the January temperatures to be in the 20's, sometimes with wind thrown in for fun! The value of a full belt in keeping warm is difficult to exaggerate when contrasted to one without. It seems the essential benefit is that it effectively seals the upper body like a cocoon.

Question for you, have you worked with them on anything? I run past their shop about 3 times a week. I currently go to knockers in insadong but I would like to try another good tailor. I like their stuff but what kind of prices are we looking at? My Harris Tweed sport coat at knockers is quoted at 1.2 mil. I would love to throw caution to the wind but I am not interested in explaining to my wife the expense if it is significantly more than that.
If addressed to me, I'm sorry but have no knowledge of them beyond what I see in photos, and what's reported here. As noted by immanuelrx, he's local and has dropped in on them. Though I'm affraid he's reported they're very costly, unfortunately. He should be able to offer more detail.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.