Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,593 Posts
If you bought it from Burberry or an authorized merchant, than yes.

If you bought it from another source, then the only thing that matters is, if you like it, and the price was worth the quality of the item.

·
Registered
14,999 Posts
Someone else got on me about this in another post, but as mentioned above; unless purchased from Burberry or an authorized retailer, assume it’s a fake.

This one doesn’t even have the benefit of being vintage about which there seems to be some agreement that the odds are better that it’s not a knock off.

This seems to have a more current label, therefore I’m almost certain it is, assuming that the item is posted on an online auction site.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
It's hard to tell from just those pictures. What I do know is that the "Burberry Brit" line is the lowest line of the Burberry label.

Not trying to come off as a snob or as snarky, but the difference between a recent Burberry Brit item and a knockoff is negligible so it's very hard to tell which is which. As another member said, the older "Burberrys" coats and such are faked at a lower rate, and the quality of vintage authentic items is far superior to knockoffs, so it's easier to tell real from fake.

You might want to take more pictures of the jacket and all its labels and inquire at a forum with a membership that has more interest in fashion labels.

G

·
It's hard to tell from just those pictures. What I do know is that the "Burberry Brit" line is the lowest line of the Burberry label.

Not trying to come off as a snob or as snarky, but the difference between a recent Burberry Brit item and a knockoff is negligible so it's very hard to tell which is which. As another member said, the older "Burberrys" coats and such are faked at a lower rate, and the quality of vintage authentic items is far superior to knockoffs, so it's easier to tell real from fake.

You might want to take more pictures of the jacket and all its labels and inquire at a forum with a membership that has more interest in fashion labels.
What do you mean? I have a "Vintage Burberrys " trench and it's an original..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.