Men's Clothing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Banned
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
l h8 RTW so l often opt for MTM shoos. That's right, RTW shoos give me the ****s. Unfortunately [because of my travelling disconditions], the only aussie shoos are a MTM option. The problem is that MTM aussie shoos are not that good. (MTM aussie shoos = moderfications to the original last, selection of about 12 leathers, and shoo design).

Most aussie MTM shoos don't pay attention to detail. (We don't have bespoke in Australia). They are only mediocre made. Australian MTM shoos are mid range shoos, not high end [even though they claim to be]. Even shoo repairs are average, not brilliant. Our shoo-makers lack the skill of other world class makers.

Good news! Tony Caroll will not retire this year, (he makes MTM boots with pretty reasonable quality leather [as good as Grenson masterpiece leather] - the uppers are brass screwed to the leather sole). l have several MTM boots off him. l use Tony's boots in wet whether, they last forever. Rekaris and [a bloke called John] still make the best shoes. There is a bloke (in Sydney) who used to work for C&Jones; he is supposed to be good but l haven't tried him yet.

The problem with the Australian shoo situation is that shoo makers don't have the machinery to welt the shoos. We have a huge country but only have 19 million people. There is not the demand for high quality shoos like there is in America and all those great countries. The machinery is expensive and it isn't economical to do this in Australia.

lf you have any questions about the Australian shoo making situation, PLEASE donn't hesitate to contact me.

Just reporting on the aussie situation: from your shooman.:D:D:D

GR8MAN (The shooman) B8MAN.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.