Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife just called me at work to tell me that her father and his wife just got around to looking at our Christmas list and that they wanted us to give them some more individual gift ideas (most of the ideas we sent were either for our daughter or for us as a couple, not for us individually).

To my knowledge they aren't likely to be buying online, so I need some specific places in St. Louis from which I could pick out a few things. For reference, here are a few things I've got on my list:

pocket journal like from Col. Littleton
nice leather or heavy-duty canvas dopp kit
clothes brush
shoe shine kit (w/ valet box) like
navy wool surcingle belt

Just for starters. Feel free to suggest places with similar offerings that you think I might like, but if you choose to do so please be specific about what they have, since I'll need to be specific for the list.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
My wife just called me at work to tell me that her father and his wife just got around to looking at our Christmas list and that they wanted us to give them some more individual gift ideas (most of the ideas we sent were either for our daughter or for us as a couple, not for us individually).

To my knowledge they aren't likely to be buying online, so I need some specific places in St. Louis from which I could pick out a few things. For reference, here are a few things I've got on my list:

pocket journal like from Col. Littleton
nice leather or heavy-duty canvas dopp kit
clothes brush
shoe shine kit (w/ valet box) like
navy wool surcingle belt

Just for starters. Feel free to suggest places with similar offerings that you think I might like, but if you choose to do so please be specific about what they have, since I'll need to be specific for the list.

Thanks.
Where do they live? At the risk of recommending shops requiring trips back and forth across counties & rivers given the Hwy 40 shut down, salty weather, and general holiday congestion...

Most of these items are available at their local mall provided it has either Dillards or Macy's as an anchor; one of the two local BB's helps as well.

Beaten path:
Journal - Papyrus, Borders, B & N
Dopp & Shoe Shine Kit - Perenial favorites in the holiday sections of Dillards & Macy's. With any luck they'll have one with USB ports to recharge your cell or ipod. :)
Clothes brush - BB
Navy wool surcingle belt - Check the Cremieux belt selection at Dillards or the PRL sections at Dillards or Macy's

Near the path but well marked:
Journal - Cranes in Plaza Frontenac
Dopp Kit - The Art of Shaving just opened in the Galleria
Shoe Shine Kit - Cobblestone multiple locations
Belt - Woody's is more likely to have them then Mr. Guy. May want to try St. Louis Outdoors down the street on Clayton

Marked with rocks or broken twigs
Journal / Dopp Kit - Lusso Home in Clayton used to have a small area with just this sort of thing.
Leather goods in general - New leather shop in Belleville on Main Street makes & sells belts, journals, and other hide related products.

Good luck.

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
^ Thanks to both of you. They live in South County, but my wife and I were thinking of just sending them to the Galleria and shops in that area. I'm hoping I can find a couple of things at Brooks, or at least I'm hoping the things I find online are available in store.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.