Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For anyone living or familiar with the Atlanta shopping area, is it worth the trip to visit Discover Mills outlet mall, particularly Saks Off 5th and Neiman Marcus Last Call? I know there is a Nordstrom Rack nearby as well. Looking for some great deals on dress shirts and a tie or two; perhaps even a blazer if I find one to my liking.

I'll already be going to Lenox, Phipps and Filene's, though they are all in the same little area and I'd like to know before making the 30 or 45 minute trek (how far is it exactly?) to the outlets if it isn't worth it.

·
Registered
507 Posts
My understanding is that Last Call and Off 5th work best if you follow their sales, know your product and intend to spend a few thousand.

If you just want to browse and maybe pick up some deals for a few hundred, then Nordstrom Rack is the place. (Just W of Mall of Georgia)

I can't comment on the other outlet (with the BB), I've never been. (and it's going to be a little while yet with gas the price it is)

·
Registered
2,865 Posts
I've only been to Discover Mills once, and I wasn't impressed. I do enjoy going out to North Georgia Premium Outlets sometimes, but with the local gas shortages I don't know that I'd want to go to either place.

Brooks outlets sell a lot of second-label merchandise (it looks like BB product but says "346" or something on it). This might be to avoid people buying outlet product and trying to return it to a regular BB store, but I also have to wonder if it's the same quality. If it's a lower price but lower quality, is it worth driving thirty miles for it?

Off Fifth used to have a lot of things from the other "Saks Group" stores, like Proffitt's and Carson-Pirie-Scott. Nice, but hardly Saks quality and again not worth the drive.

The Belk at Phipps is one of the three nicest in their entire chain (the others being The Summit in Birmingham and their flagship at SouthPark in Charlotte). They only get so high end but have a nice Polo department with a huge clearance section.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I seem to be in the minority here. While things can be hit or miss at Discover Mills, I've generally been pleased with the occasional find at the Last Call (on a good day there is often a nice crop of high end ties, Lorenzini shirts, Pantherella socks, occasionally suits/sportcoats by Isaia and Corneliani.) For the ladies, let me just add that my daughter came across a couple of pairs of Manolo Blahniks at quite reasonable prices. The Saks Off 5th store I find less of a draw, though I did pick up a cashmere scarf and a topcoat last winter (at a fairly large % off on sale plus an extra percentage off if you opened a charge account with them.)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.