Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought i would ask everyones opinion about these braces Albert Thurston Aqua Green Striped braces:

https://www.albertthurston.com/categoryfast2.cfm?catid=12

Do you think they are seasonal, meaning could they be worn all year, or just spring summer? Are braces ever seasonal? I love braces with white ends, would getting these with white ends make them seasonal. I want to wear them all year. Thoughts?

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
They are gorgeous. Buy them and wear them in good health year-round.

·
Registered
464 Posts
While not exactly seasonal, the coloring does lend itself more to the spring/summer palette. It will all depend on what you are wearing them with. If those are your regimental colors, and not just a fashion choice, then it doesn't matter at all. White ends won't change anything and may protect your clothing from staining.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Great comments so far. the green is a smidgen lighter in real life, and I no, they are not my regiment. I doubt this pallet is an actual regiment but I mainly would want to wear them with charcoal and navy-striped suits, your basic year-round suits, with classic repp ties, your basic year-round regimentals.

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
D'ja know St. Andrew's Club member Bracemaker is the wit behind contemporary Albert Thurston Ltd. trouser suspension systems? You might inquire of him if your perplexion remains chronic.

White ends have nothing to do with seasonality.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
I don't think braces can be seasonal any more than a belt can be seasonal. If they were, there would be one season where your trousers would be down around your ankles. No one is supposed to see them anyway.

Thustons has a great policy for shipping charges - they don't - charge that is - they have been most prompt in shipping my orders.

Cheers, Jim.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I don't think braces can be seasonal any more than a belt can be seasonal. If they were, there would be one season where your trousers would be down around your ankles. No one is supposed to see them anyway.

Thustons has a great policy for shipping charges - they don't - charge that is - they have been most prompt in shipping my orders.

Cheers, Jim.
Braces are frequently seen, depending upon the culture of one's work environment (think, the movie, Wall Street). Belts are even more frequently seen and certainly can be seasonal (think ribbon belts, white D-rings, etc.).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.