Men's Clothing Forums banner
801 - 820 of 851 Posts

·
Registered
813 Posts
These are spectacular and well made shoes, no doubt, but with their pointy styles they must surely extend three or four inches beyond the anterior extent of the wearer's toes. Either that or the customers have only two or three metatarsals.

·
Registered
27,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #813 ·
These are spectacular and well made shoes, no doubt, but with their pointy styles they must surely extend three or four inches beyond the anterior extent of the wearer's toes. Either that or the customers have only two or three metatarsals.
While I cherish Yohei Fukuda's work for it's precise beauty, my own preferences are for more traditional round toe lasts. Shoes with these elongated lasts are now the fashion norm, and within that aesthetic Mr. Fukuda produces beautiful footwear.

And while he's added superb quality RTW under his name, his origin is in bespoke, and I believe much of what he personally produces is still of that genre. I have only one pair of shoes with an elongated last, and that comparatively modest by comparison, a pair of Cheaney chukkas on their 125 last. And while I think part of the elongated appearance of the shoes here has been enhanced by the photographer's art, from my one experience shoes with elongated lasts are designed to secure the foot differently. I.e., the foot is held securely and comfortably further back from the toe, and little of the toe box is actually filled.

Given Yohei's experience with and obsession for fit, I think it unlikely that his shoes are innately uncomfortable, despite their sleek appearance.

·
Registered
27,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #818 ·
Simply Yohei, simply perfect.

Wear it for any business occasion and be the best dressed man in the room. Nothing extreme, everything balanced and perfectly made.

Footwear Shoe Human body Sportswear Basic pump

801 - 820 of 851 Posts