Men's Clothing Forums banner
781 - 800 of 851 Posts

·
Registered
27,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #781 ·
Tokyo's Yohei Fukuda's expanding repertoire:

He originally, and IMHIO wisely, focused on a limited number of models, each demonstrating both his svelte aesthetic and immaculate construction. Master of those, I've recently seen footwear attributed to him in a greater range of models, and expanded aesthetics, but all still incorporating the perfection of make, grace and aesthetic balance that I feel are hallmarks of his house.

Notable among them I've come across this monk strap chukka boot which incorporate a less closely trimmed sole for a more robust aesthetic very much in keeping with the nature of the model, but still exhibiting the grace and balance of his other designs.

I've seen similar low boots with straps designated as george boots, but the cut is different, and IMO suits this style very well. I'll leave those more expert to decide whether it should be described a george boot of a chukka, but it looks like a chukka to me.

Could be MTO, bespoke or RTW, as I believe the house of Fukuda offers all those options, though with very limited output.

Yohei01.jpg

·
Registered
27,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #784 ·
And your kind of last, I think!
It is. From what I've seen Mr. Shirakash has not followed the elongated fashion, favoring a more boot like last, even on a city boot such as this. Remarkable to see the minute detail and perfection even on his larger and most robust boots, they're as precisely put together as a Swiss movement.

·
Registered
27,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #786 ·
Yohei Fukuda does george boots in museum calf.

Footwear Shoe Fashion design Human leg Beige

My initial impression was I'd term the style a George boot rather than a chukk due to a longer shaft, but second guessed myself, as most/many so-described boots such as Alden's, is closed by a single strap. So I visited Sanders and Sanders website. Sanders sells uniform shoes that are milspec for the British military, and their name for a boot with a longer shaft like these is a George boot, so that's what I'll term it.

·
Registered
27,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #794 ·
These shoes were unattributed as to source, specifying only that they are bespoke. And I fully believe they are noting the perfectly kissing apron.

To me the they have the delicacy, grace and precision of a Japanese make, so I'll offer them. I like spectators but find most variations on classic designs less successful than the original. But for me, these are a 10 out of 10.

Love the last shape, the choice of suede and smooth leather hides for textural contrast and shades chosen.

Footwear Shoe Sneakers Walking shoe Athletic shoe

781 - 800 of 851 Posts