Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the process of rotating seasonal clothing and was wondering about my pink pants. They aren't linen, so do I need to put them away? My wife will wear pink throughout the year. Shovelling snow in a blizzard is probably not a likely place for them. But just hanging around on the weekend doing odd errands?

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Well, you're obviously a grown man and can wear them where ever you'd like :)

But location is important as well. I live in Rhode Island and usually keep my brighter pastels to spring and summer. Being close to Newport or the islands might extend this somewhat.

If you are concerned with what others think though, I'd store them once the weather starts to cool off which is obviously has.

-spence

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Put them up. Do it for no other reason then to be able to experience the true joy that comes from opening a container full of spring colored clothing in mid-March (maybe April for you yankees). It's the sure fire way to get out of the winter blues.

·
Registered
487 Posts
If they are to be worn, the shade that I am picturing would belong in the spring.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
I don't think we have a season for men's pink pants here.
I remember arriving at the GSP airport this spring wearing a pink cotton long sleeve polo. The woman at the rental car counter did make a comment that it wouldn't fly with the boys down here, although she did seem to have her tongue in cheek.

Regardless I made it though unscathed.

-spence

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Pink pants and any other pastel colored pair of pants are essential parts of the southern spring/summer wardrobe. I realize a lot of yall are too stodgy to wear them up there in yankeeland, but they certainly have a place and a season here in the grand ole south. I'm astounded someone from South Carolina said we don't have a season for pink pants. Have you not been to Charleston?

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Let's have the truth out here shall we....
Pink trousers look awful! Anywhere in the world, anytime of the year, on any man!
I believe that would be an opinion and not the truth. If you want to call your opinion the truth, please refer to it as the "swedish truth" so we will all know when you are really talking about your opinion. :icon_smile:

Take a look at vineyard vines. They are doing very, very well for themselves. I don't like the quality of their clothing, but they have hit a nerve in the market. Who do you think they are selling to? They sell to the preppy east coast folks and the preppy southern folks. More importantly, they sell to the rich, preppy east coast and southern folks. Go to a country club in Memphis, all you see is vineyard vines. I stand by my statement. They are an essential part of the southern spring/summer wardrobe.

·
Registered
7,502 Posts
I believe that would be an opinion and not the truth. If you want to call your opinion the truth, please refer to it as the "swedish truth" so we will all know when you are really talking about your opinion. :icon_smile:
:icon_smile_big::icon_smile_big::icon_smile_big: Sorry, okay then, in future I will refer to the truth from an Irishman in Sweden.....:icon_smile_wink:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.