Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just won a pair of black Alden Shell Cordovan Saddle Oxfords on Ebay, like this one from Aldenshop:

https://www.aldenshop.com/DrawOneShoe.asp?CategoryID=48

I got it because the price was good, and I liked the look, but now I wonder if there are certain rules for wearing Saddle Oxfords? From the pictures, it's not two-tone, and I think it should be fine with a sportcoat or even a suit from time to time at work that does business casual. Am I right in this thought? Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Are the Alden Shell Cordovan Saddle Oxfords on the wide side, or are they fairly balanced? I'm not very tall (5'8") and am afraid that if these shoes turn out to be on the bulky side, they will make me look shorter.
Although they are made on the Barrie last, the combination of the makeup of a bal oxford and the fact that they have a regular welt and close heel welt make these shoes quite sleek. I wouldn't worry about them looking bulky at all. Unless you special order them in a EEE of course. ;)

·
Registered
124 Posts
Thanks everyone for the swift responses, they put my mind at ease.

Although they are made on the Barrie last, the combination of the makeup of a bal oxford and the fact that they have a regular welt and close heel welt make these shoes quite sleek. I wouldn't worry about them looking bulky at all. Unless you special order them in a EEE of course. ;)
Thanks Tom. By the way gentlemen, I ordered an Alden shell cordovan belt from this man and could not have been more pleased. LeatherSOUL comes highly recommended.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.