Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any experience? I am looking for a tailcoat for my wedding and it is difficult to find any that aren't exorbantly expensive.

I have now narrowed it down to the Ralph Lauren or anysuit. They were linked on black tie guide and they are actually cheaper than the RL Ritz. My problem with the RL is it has satin lapels and an "adjustable waistband."

The problem I see with the other one is I'm wary of purchasing from a Hong Kong tailor like that. I did email them to see if I could get grosgrain instead of satin.

The plus to the tailor is that in theory it should fit great, I can get double striped pants, and the fabric should be better.

If anyone has a better suggestion, please let me know, but all I can find besides these two are $100 poly/wool blend stuff or like a Hickey Freeman, which I can't afford.

https://www.anysuit.co.uk/

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Anysuit is tempting, but I would wait and see if anyone has had any experience with them. If you do go with them, be sure to let me know what the quality is like.
I certainly will. They haven't responded yet, but like I said, I asked about the possibility of getting grosgrain instead of satin. If that is possible, I'll probably do it. I'm going to try and stop by a local tuxedo place around here to see if I can get a first hand look at the RL Ritz.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I am concerned over the pricing. 155eur for a suit means that the suit is going to made from cloth of a dubious nature and their description of "The "Super" number is a measurement of the fabric's quality" shows that the guys I think are more arbitrage traders buying in suits in asia and selling in europe providing no added value in their service or knowledge and not up to speed on the trade.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.