Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
Maybe wrong to post without direct experience of the Ikea version of a hanger that you enquired about, but if you have Brent Park in mind for their store then I suggest you check out Tesco next door as well, wooden suit hangers for something like ten for five quid, perfectly adequate.

For shirts I prefer the thin plastic hangers you get with knitwear, you can squeeze more shirts onto the rail and no, the shirts don't crease.

F.
PS, Brent Park Tesco is one of their few stores still left with an operational cafeteria, breakfast £2:50. :icon_smile:

·
Registered
998 Posts
I know IKEA is gargantuan, and sells a wide variety of items, but...when did they add airplane storage facilities to their inventory? :cool:
Heeyuk Yuk!:icon_smile_big:

Actually the hangars have always been by the hangers in the wardrobe section.
Just build your own.
Would you like it with or without mirrored doors?
Don't forget to grab a plush rat or snake on the way out with that hot dog and hangers.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have ~100 of the dark Ikea hangers. They are not as nice as some very expensive hangers I've seen, but I am perfectly happy with them for the price. I still put damp shirts on plastic hangers as a precaution though.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
I don't live anywhere close to an IKEA now, but I used to in the 90's. Their wood hangers at the time were like the EURO hangers at BB&B. I still use them and they are brilliant. They also had thick "wire" chrome hangers I have used for 15 years, for shirts and some pants.

At this time I mostly buy only the wood jobs at BB&B when I need a new hanger.

·
Registered
7,502 Posts
Noticed on their website they have some dark brown wooden hangars are they rough rubbish quality or quite smooth, smooth enough for a shirt?
Well, the Ikea shop in my hometown in the land of Ikea has a whole range of hangers (a hangar is where aircraft sleep! ;) ) in plastic and wood. The only thing I find is that all their hangers are too short for my 43-44 shirts.

The Ikea hotdog in Sweden costs only 5 krona which is about 30p (50 cents)...cheap as chips! Or in this case Ikea hotdogs! ;)

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
I find them to be similar in quality to most cheap wooden hangers. I personally use the basic wooden hangers found at Target, which come in 24 (or 30?) packs for about US $15.

Hope that helps!
I use the Ikeas exclusively for my shirts. Great buys and if one is a bit rough then take 5 minutes with some sand paper to smooth it off.

As for Target hangers - I can't say enough about their suit hangers! Wide shoulders, rubber non-skid bar to keep trousers in place without clamping the crease, and only $4 a pop! Buy as many as you can find! It will give you an excuse to buy more suits!

·
Registered
2,865 Posts
I use IKEA wooden hangers for my sportcoats - they have substantial shoulders and work very well.

My shirts are all on dark green plastic hangers, the only thing I've ever bought at Wal-Mart. They discontinued the color so now when I buy a new shirt I have to discard an old one.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
^

Sand them smooth. I'm sure that the Hanger Project haners are awfully nice. But I see no point in spending big on shirt hangers; those dollars can be put to better use.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.